Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Thing is, unfair on him as it may be on a personal level, he's far, far more suited to being an impact player anyway. He's fast and does have a couple of tricks. Would be ideal against tiring legs, particularly against lesser skilled opponents. But if he does well then can you put him back on the bench next match?

We'll cross that bridge when we get there, no? You have to wonder if he's even got it in him to do well against tired legs based on his time here so far. I really hope Pardew has the cojones to drop his love child for the better of the team.

However bad he was today and yes he was shite, I don't agree at all with fans cheering/jeering him off ffs. We may have to rely on him at some point with no other option. Just don't agree with hurling abuse at your own players.

I definitely agree with Dave's point that he's much better suited as an impact sub using his pace against tired legs.

Guest Stephen927

Pardew isn't the first nor will he be the last manager to persist with one of his own signings. Absolutely no way this lad should start against QPR. Totally bereft of confidence, I think he's better off out of the firing line for now.

didn't see the game but there were moments where they would say on the radio " Gives it to Obertan, who gives it away to ....... and here come blackburn"

Now with Ben Arfa yes he will lose the ball aswell but you know that when he does get the better of the opposition he can do outrageous things with the ball that obertan simply hasn't displayed the ability to do

However bad he was today and yes he was s****, I don't agree at all with fans cheering/jeering him off ffs. We may have to rely on him at some point with no other option. Just don't agree with hurling abuse at your own players.

I definitely agree with Dave's point that he's much better suited as an impact sub using his pace against tired legs.

Well then he better fucking step it up. See how the game changed when KING ARFA got on the wing? Obertan is shit, will always be shit and should seriously never put on a Newcastle shirt ever again.

I think the majority of the fans simply do not want to see him on the pitch, that alone should be a sign for Pardew, the person behind me put it best "its like watching a lunatic on the pitch"  don't think he's cut out for any level tbh let alone the highest level.

Thing is, unfair on him as it may be on a personal level, he's far, far more suited to being an impact player anyway. He's fast and does have a couple of tricks. Would be ideal against tiring legs, particularly against lesser skilled opponents. But if he does well then can you put him back on the bench next match?

I'd agree with keeping him as an impact player (at best), he's been in poor form and we've got other options who have both come in to that position and offered more in the brief opportunities they've had (HBA today and Ryan Taylor on Weds).

Best thing for Obertan is to get out of the firing line for a bit, maybe even get some confidence back playing up top for the reserves and creating/scoring goals in semi-competitive matches.

The main problem Pardew has got with him is that he's become this season's James Perch (rightly or wrongly) and no matter what he does on the pitch in the next few games, the crowd are always going to look at him to be taken off if the team isn't playing well.

He's shown glimpses of something, but there's nae point wasting more games trying to get him to unearth more of it when the crowd haven't got the patience for him. Somehow, he needs to get them back on side and giving him a couple of cameos as a substitute when the result isn't in doubt would seem to be the best way for him.

still stupid from the morons who cheered when his number came up though.

Aye. Doesn't help at all

If it results in Pardew dropping him I don´t care. Harsh, sure, as I think it´s more of a criticism towards Pardew than Obertan. People are frustrated, and this is really the only way fans can get their feelings across to Pardew.

Well then he better f***ing step it up. See how the game changed when KING ARFA got on the wing? Obertan is s***, will always be s*** and should seriously never put on a Newcastle shirt ever again.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, he is shite and has done nothing to warrant starting games. I'm just saying I don't agree with jeering your own players and I wouldn't if I was at the match.

Guest Rey Mysterio

If our squad wasn't so thin he'd be the perfect player to send out on loan, let someone else suffer while he "gains his confidence".