Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Content, as long as we keep Barton, or replace Barton should he go.

We needed Routledge at the end of last season, so having a player quite similar but slightly better and with more potential should do us good over the season.

We needed a cheap right winger basically, and we've now got one (should it go through)

Deffinately squad building rather than first team.

Great, more 2nd hand manu players. Butt and Smudge comes to mind, he will be shit and you can quote me on that, after all red nose never lets players leave unless they are A. Shit B. will be Shit very soon or C. Has done something naughty to him. There is a reason he hasnt been called up for France after his last u23 game. He has nothing in the final third, it will be like having two Jonas' on the pitch. just without the workrate(Obertan).

People need to stop FM scouting, even the youth coach of Bordeaux where confused when manu decided to get him, as they didnt even rate him that good.

Great, more 2nd hand manu players. Butt and Smudge comes to mind, he will be s*** and you can quote me on that, after all red nose never lets players leave unless they are A. s*** B. will be s*** very soon or C. Has done something naughty to him. There is a reason he hasnt been called up for France after his last u23 game. He has nothing in the final third, it will be like having two Jonas' on the pitch. just without the workrate(Obertan).

People need to stop FM scouting, even the youth coach of Bordeaux where confused when manu decided to get him, as they didnt even rate him that good.

source?

Great, more 2nd hand manu players. Butt and Smudge comes to mind, he will be s*** and you can quote me on that, after all red nose never lets players leave unless they are A. s*** B. will be s*** very soon or C. Has done something naughty to him. There is a reason he hasnt been called up for France after his last u23 game. He has nothing in the final third, it will be like having two Jonas' on the pitch. just without the workrate(Obertan).

You can quote me on that?  Don't think much of yourself eh?

source?

Old paper, sorry I did not keep it around mate. But would scan it in if I had it. I think some manu guy on redcafè had a link or something.

EDIT:

Found an article that has at least the quote in it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/214819-is-gabriel-obertan-the-new-henry-of-arsenal-or-the-taarabt-of-spurs

Even Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc has his doubts about Obertan’s preparedness. He said: "I was surprised, but it is an unexpected chance for him to play with one of the best clubs in the world.

"Manchester United have been tracking him for a long time. They certainly hope to advance him, something that Bordeaux and Lorient have failed to do. He has the potential, but he must overcome psychological and mental challenges so he can express his true value."

It seems they failed though, as they are selling him. Does sound great doesnt it?

As to SteveMc, it was more like. Keep the quote to push it in my face if I turn out wrong. Nothing else.

Great, more 2nd hand manu players. Butt and Smudge comes to mind, he will be shit and you can quote me on that, after all red nose never lets players leave unless they are A. Shit B. will be Shit very soon or C. Has done something naughty to him. There is a reason he hasnt been called up for France after his last u23 game. He has nothing in the final third, it will be like having two Jonas' on the pitch. just without the workrate(Obertan).

There's so much wrong with this post that I really don't know were to begin :lol:

He's shit on Fm you absolute  golden nugget.

There's so much wrong with this post that I really don't know were to begin :lol:

:sadnod:

He's s*** on Fm you absolute  golden nugget.

He's not like, 4 star potential ability according to Federico Pastorello, and Federico Pastorello knows his shit.

Try and justify this as much as people want because in my eyes, we started this window with a £35m kitty and promise. This has dramatically whittled down to next to nowt despite adding to the squad with free's and letting out top scorers go. I'm sorry to be negative but you kinda can't help it when you're adding the Obertan's of this world whilst Ashley's advertising campaign of SJP is revamped and oh yeah, fantastic, the training pitches have some undersoil heating. There is no excuses for me. And don't get me started on the LB position because risking losing your only senior player (and he wants to be away) with 25 days to go with no backup is suicide . They have had since january to do the homework on all these areas and if anything we are weaker but richer - typical Ashley-ran NUFC.

f*** me, so many negative people here.

Great talent, just need to get some games.

Taxfree, have you been happy with any players we are linked with?

You should stick you finger in the ground or support r.madrid.  :lol:

Utter garbage. Cringeworthy.

Gervinho. Gameiro. N'Zogbia. Barnetta. Rondon. Canales. Neil Taylor. Matuidi. Sturridge. Moussa Sissoko. Onuoha. Sulejmani. M'Bengue. Hoilett.  For a start.

Quite pleased with this signing tbh*. Yeah he could flop but her could also push on and be a decent player. Hopefully the fact that he'll be surrounded by fellow countrymen will help him a bit. Just hope people are prepared to give him a chance and don't start writing him off because he doesn't score a hattrick against Arsenal or something.

* I should also point out that in the past I was pleased with the signings of Luque, Andersson, Maric etc etc.

Try and justify this as much as people want because in my eyes, we started this window with a £35m kitty and promise. This has dramatically whittled down to next to nowt despite adding to the squad with free's and letting out top scorers go. I'm sorry to be negative but you kinda can't help it when you're adding the Obertan's of this world whilst Ashley's advertising campaign of SJP is revamped and oh yeah, fantastic, the training pitches have some undersoil heating. There is no excuses for me. And don't get me started on the LB position because risking losing your only senior player (and he wants to be away) with 25 days to go with no backup is suicide . They have had since january to do the homework on all these areas and if anything we are weaker but richer - typical Ashley-ran NUFC.

Love the avatar :thup: