Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

it's a sad state of affairs when i'm pleased one of our players is injured, but i am. Pardew's been so stubborn with it that it feels like it's the only way to give someone else a chance, unfortunately that someone will likely be Sammy and not Ben Arfa....because of Pardew being stubborn.

Agree with this.  Would play Joans and HBA alternating between wings me self, but I think it will be Sammy.  Don't really think we set up to play with wrong footed wingers if that makes sense?  Sammy seems to be all left foot, a bit clueless when drifting inside and looks far too young/raw to be starting at this level wide right.  When I have seen him, I am pretty sure he's exclusively played on the right?  If he does get a game, I would at least like to see him swapping with Jonas during the match.

Seeing as HBA clearly won't play on the wing, I'd like to think R.Taylor will get games out there, I personally think that's his best position.  We'd be keeping our set piece taker on the pitch and he can actually cross a ball.  Him and Simpson on the same side is a slight concern mind, but it can't be any worse than Simpson and Obertan.

time to try something like this:

tiote  cabaye

jonas        vuckic          ben arfa  <-------------- that is actually a quiet sexy line up :love:

ba

can probably swap the wingers as well. for a more defensive approach i believe santon also could do a job on the flank.

Guest Chubby Jason

WTF?

Since when did our medical staff fix players that quickly ?

Only the shit ones get that standard of treatment.