Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He's Pardew's man. Pardew bought him so he's going to have to stick by him. He'll play him.

Aye. To be fair to the player he readily admits he's not used to so much first team football so perhaps he's having to get into it a bit more. Wish he was showing more promise though...

He's Pardew's man. Pardew bought him so he's going to have to stick by him. He'll play him.

Aye. To be fair to the player he readily admits he's not used to so much first team football so perhaps he's having to get into it a bit more. Wish he was showing more promise though...

I'm all for him 'getting used to it'. However, there's nothing wrong with taking him after we scored the 2nd today. He wasn't beating he man down the line and only looked like NOT losing it when cut inside which is probably what Barfa would have done but to much greater affect.

If he can't make any impact whatsoever against a fucking side who were playing league one football a few years ago then he might as well hang his boots up.

You know his problem? He's not got a fucking trick and everyone knows it.

Might aswell stick Linford Christie on the wing.

Had new hope for obertan after that first half against man united but since then he has been a complete fucking waste of space. I fear Pardew is going to do a Tevez/Mascherano on us in regards Santon and Ben Arfa

He needs to learn how to make decisions quicker.

I know it's not a good timing to say so, but in fact he's much better than the start of the season. Still frustrating though.

Nothing to do with his decision making - he doesn't have a trick. Thats his problem.

Write off.