Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

What's this guy showing Pardew that we can't see, game after game after game after game?  When the f*** is he getting dropped FFS?

I'd play Routledge over him in a heart beat.

I'd play HBA, Sammy, Vuckic, Gosling over him out of our current available options - he's been fucking shite. 

Ben Arfa had a poor half against Chelsea and has been given around 80 minutes playing time over the following 5 games.  Yet Obertan's shown Pardew enough to be seemingly one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit, playing the majority of the game each time.  It's fucking bizarre and is making him look clueless now.

Guest Rey Mysterio

As others have said its his blatant lack of heart or desire that most hinders his performance. His work rate in defence is atrocious and the only effort he often makes when we have the ball is to trundle into a position Xavi would struggle to pick him out in.

There is definitely a small amount of talent hiding somewhere deep down as I have seen him actually turn out half decent performances for Man U but until he works on the fundamentals and starts showing any sort of drive for the game then the performances will continue to hide.

As others have said its his blatant lack of heart or desire that most hinders his performance.

That passage of play in the first half tonight ffs, when the referee practically tackled him and he reacted by standing still and gawping at him when the ball was yards away.  Was an incident at Bolton as well where the ball was rolling past him to an opposition player, where he appeared fresh as a daisy yet unwilling to stick a leg out to intercept it.  Game just passes him by man, he has no awareness / willingness to do the little things that will help the team out.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Do we have anyone who can player right-winger other than him? i'm tempted to go and ask for a game :lol:

Can you head a football instead of pretend to challenge for the ball but actually jump 2 meters in front of the ball or sometimes just not be arsed to jump at all?

What's this guy showing Pardew that we can't see, game after game after game after game?  When the f*** is he getting dropped FFS?

I'd play Routledge over him in a heart beat.

The bigger step down is from Barton.

One of the reasons he is supposedly picked is that he provides support defensively BUT I have yet to see it barring the odd moment here and there, which for 17 appearances is a joke

Obviously getting tackled by the standing ref and then standing around like a gorm has been highlighted BUT where on earth was he for their 1st goal? I saw him stood in the middle of the pitch whilst Cabaye had to run out wide and close Bellamy down. I am not blaming him for the goal as we still should have defended better after that BUT when he is being picked ahead of others for his 'defensive' side yet he actually does fuck all defensively questions have to be asked

Oh and there is the other matter of him being complete shit going forward

The worst I`ve seen him play. Can`t remember if it was the equaliser or second because I was drinking but he left Simpson with the whole right side of the pitch to himself in surrounded by Liverpool players in our own half and Simpson had to kick it out. He didn`t give Simpson who was having a good game up until he took Krul out an option all night. Then as Liverpool got more confidence I must have seen Ober standing still watching us under pressure about 6 times in shot of the camera.

He's injured apparently. Shame.

Where did you hear this?

.com

:thup: I agree with you, what a massive shame.

(FWIW, I'm still willing to give Obertan a chance to prove himself at the club but simply put, he shouldn't be starting games anymore. A few sub appearances here and there is what's best for now).