Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

Man Utd signing him was a terrible, terrible insult to footballers the world over.

Us signing him should have been the end of football transfers.

Don't say we're going to replace him with fucking Bebe.

Don't give Pardew ideas.

Guest neesy111

He won't start against Norwich, he was just an option to provide some pace against a very quick Arsenal team. I know he's poor like, but I think that was the theory.

He couldn't even do that for the reserves properly last week amazingly.  :lol:

So.........what did he do tonight? He was pretty much anonymous. Bad touches here and there as well as a lack of anticipation/movement.

It has to be said that a footballing brain would do him a lot of good like. As much as I would like to give him a chance, I have to admit, he's fast becoming a lost cause....

Man Utd signing him was a terrible, terrible insult to footballers the world over.

Us signing him should have been the end of football transfers.

Don't say we're going to replace him with fucking Bebe.

Bebe is better too. He can run faster.

You take a look at the whole season and it's criminal how little he's given us.in terms of wingers I'd play HBA,Jonas,ferguson,marveaux,raylor ahead of him.sick of his complete inability to control a football then do nothing with it.the biggest waste of a shirt this season

Crazy to play Obertan, he is shit. Can not see what Pardew sees in him.

Cisse should have played in the hole, at least he will put in a shift. He have worked his socks of the matches he have played for us. Pardew was so close to fielding my dream XI.

Crazy to play Obertan, he is s***. Can not see what Pardew sees in him.

Cisse should have played in the hole, at least he will put in a shift. He have worked his socks of the matches he have played for us. Pardew was so close to fielding my dream XI.

Why would Cisse play in the hole?

he will never become good enough to deserve a start imo. very frustrating player to watch....sadly!

Liked what pardew did with the formation....it really worked to start with....but obertan isnt good enough!

Think we should have had cisse on top and ba in obertans position.

we played some long balls....ba doing ok for flick ons...but obertan didnt manage to make the runs + he cant hold up the ball. Can easily see ba playing the role that obertan did...playing deeper and switching with arfa....cisse always in the box!

obertan only have a role to play as sub coming in on the right to making runs a at a tired RB.

he will never become good enough to deserve a start imo. very frustrating player to watch....sadly!

Liked what pardew did with the formation....it really worked to start with....but obertan isnt good enough!

Think we should have had cisse on top and ba in obertans position.

we played some long balls....ba doing ok for flick ons...but obertan didnt manage to make the runs + he cant hold up the ball. Can easily see ba playing the role that obertan did...playing deeper and switching with arfa....cisse always in the box!

obertan only have a role to play as sub coming in on the right to making runs a at a tired lb

Did he win a single 50/50 ball yesterday? he pulled out of a good few, where had he shown a little bit of bottle and nicked it first we could have been away in behind.

Makes me so angry to watch him play.

I wouldn't choose to Cisse there either, however, why would you play Obertan there? What qualities have you ever seen him display to suggest he's be effective as a link between midfield and attack?

The answer cleary is NONE so you have to wonder, why not try Ba there given Pardew himself has said he's put him some great 'number 10' displays and try Cisse up front?

Because Mick McCarthy say so.

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mick-mccarthy.gif

He is not Obertan basically.

While I don't think Obertan was horrendous against Arsenal, given the space Arsenal gave him and decent positions he was in he was extremely wasteful.  If he had a bang on performance- winning an occasional 50-50 and run at their defense once in a while, I think we could have won that game.  I had been holding up hope that he could do a Bale and just figure it out, but I have just about given up on that happening.  He really lacks the brain and seemingly the grit to ever maximize his pace and come good. 

Dont ever let this abomination play for us again.

Ali I apologise to you because when we signed him and you were giving him grief I was one of those who said give the the lad a chance. Well fuck me, I was wrong.

No problem man, just don't let it happen again.

I have to say I was impressed how he managed to chase back for 45 mins without putting a single tackle in. You'd think he'd win one challenge just by the law of percentages.

There's an episode on Spongebob where Squidward gets plastic surgery.

The outcome?

This

http://img.poptower.com/pic-14607/squidward-spongebob.jpg?d=600

To This.

http://images.wikia.com/spongebob/images/3/36/Handsome_Squidward.jpg

We should think about doing the same for Gabby tbh