Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He has improved this season imo, compared to last season. He's still largely quite poor, but he looks better.

No point making a loss on him, I'd keep hold unless someone's daft enough to offer us good money.

read somewhere we are offloading him in the summer and go for Jermy Menez.

trumendous news if it's true

Aye but the only place who has said it is Franceinfo and quite frankly they don't sound the most reliable of outlets :lol:

Take it with a pinch of salt for now.

He has improved this season imo, compared to last season. He's still largely quite poor, but he looks better.

No point making a loss on him, I'd keep hold unless someone's daft enough to offer us good money.

I didn't think he could put in a worse showing than the shower of s**** he served up at the Emirates last season, when used as withdrawn forward. However he managed to top that last week, same deficencies were on show. I don't think he's improved at all.

Guest Roger Kint

If we signed Menez - he'd be starting for us :lol:

Menez - Cisse - HBA

Then pair Sissoko with Cabaye and leave Tiote out.

Only you would suggest starting with 10 men each game

Not an Obertan fan but he has improved. Still gives the ball away when there is an easy pass on which frustrates the hell out of me. Off the bench behind campbell who should be on instead of Shola when we need to hit teams on the break when we are ahead!

Please don't play this nugget tonight.

It's exactly the type of game he shouldn't play in. In that, it's played on grass as opposed to marsh mallow. And we're playing against men, as opposed to 4 year olds. Or fairies.

Please don't play this nugget tonight.

It's exactly the type of game he shouldn't play in. In that, it's played on grass as opposed to marsh mallow. And we're playing against men, as opposed to 4 year olds. Or fairies.

Won't be as much of a problem if we start him on the left. Plays ten times better there, despite Pardews clueless deduction that he is not a left winger and plays much better on the right.

Will be more than happy to see the back of him If we bring a decent winger in to replace him. A ton if potential with Obertan that will never get realized due to a combination of his lack of confidence ad ability to engage his brain to make the right and often much easier decisions when he is on pitch.

For me he's better without the ball than with it at times. Unfortunatley we need much more from his postion and he ain't good enough imo. Needs upgraded in the summer big style.

Far too fleeting in any quality he shows, if we are serious about moving forward, and we should be with the basis of Krul, MYM, Debuchy, Haidera/Santon,Cabaye, Sissoko, Gouffran, Cisse, HBA in our side, then he has got to be replaced imo.

Not sure if he's worth even having as a third choice tbh.

I can se some redeeming factors in Marveuax but very few in this guy.

I didn't think he could put in a worse showing than the shower of s**** he served up at the Emirates last season, when used as withdrawn forward. However he managed to top that last week, same deficencies were on show. I don't think he's improved at all.

He was nowhere near as bad on Thursday as that Arsenal game, although I agree that was his worst game for us.

Guest pintofscottsellers

I really hope he doesn't start tonight, he's god awful. One thing I hate in particular about Obertan, is the massive touch he takes to try and get round his man, it never works, full backs must love playing against him.

Guest Bert Shaft

The bloke is a total liability as he showed against Brighton when they scored after Osram bonce was caught sleeping on the job and neglected to track back.

The commentator in the first game against Anzi even said that Obertan didn't work too hard to try and win back the ball on one occasion after he feebly lost it.

This modern day Wayne Fereday is only ever worth bringing on for the last 7 seconds of a game when we are wasting time making last minute subs, in my book.

Think it has to do with the fact that we haven´t seen him play as much this season.

• 3 weeks later...