Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I try really hard to not lash this guy - but he was fucking awful, and I'd rather have seen someone play out of position there.

I don't tend to slag him off a great deal now, I'll start getting angry about it if he's still here in August. 

We tried it, most people on here weren't happy about us trying it, it hasn't worked out.  Sometimes the business about fans not having a clue doesn't ring true.

Worst footballer at NUFC last 10 years.

As shit as he is he isn't even the worst footballer at the club right now :lol:

He's definately the least effective, and that's what matters. When he's on the field we're playing with ten men.

Worst footballer at NUFC last 10 years.

As s*** as he is he isn't even the worst footballer at the club right now :lol:

He's definately the least effective, and that's what matters. When he'son the field we're playing with ten men.

Aye i agree Simpson and Williamson are really effective at conceding goals.  ;)

Put in a couple of decent cameos on the left recently, and hasn't played there since.

His one "good game" on the right came away at Stoke, and his other major contribution was scoring late at Blackburn.

4 decent games in 2 season is woeful.

Out this summer please.

Actually when you think about the winger situation it is enough to make you a bit angry. :lol:

Ben Arfa (brilliant but never plays), Jonas (no hope in hell he should be that far up the pitch anymore), Obertan (turbowank), Marveaux (appears to be more of a central player so just generally sits on the bench), Gouffran (started off well but not looking too hot the last few games).

This seriously needs to be addressed in the summer, it's a huge weak point.  Move some of them on and replace them.

Actually when you think about the winger situation it is enough to make you a bit angry. :lol:

Ben Arfa (brilliant but never plays), Jonas (no hope in hell he should be that far up the pitch anymore), Obertan (turbowank), Marveaux (appears to be more of a central player so just generally sits on the bench), Gouffran (started off well but not looking too hot the last few games).

This seriously needs to be addressed in the summer, it's a huge weak point.  Move some of them on and replace them.

Been banging this drum for a while, we definitely need a winger and quite honestly another striker who can effectively play wide to add more options wouldn't go a miss either.

When you go from Gouffran-Ben Arfa ( which we still haven't bloody seen) to Jonas-Obertan you know its an area of serious concern.

We need to get rid of him if only because I get him confused with Gouffran, and I don't want to accidentally hate Gouffran.

Seriously though, did Obertan even touch the ball yesterday? I know everyone had a shit performance but at least I can remember them playing. Other than that idiot in charge, it's our wing play that is really killing us right now. It needs to be adressed in the summer.

• 1 month later...

I hate him but surely late in a game when we need to have some pace on the pitch he would be a better sub than Gosling?

A traffic cone would have been a better sub than Gosling

I hate him but surely late in a game when we need to have some pace on the pitch he would be a better sub than Gosling?

Is Obertan better or worse than a traffic cone though?

Definitely. He's had a handful of good games for us, which is more than what can be said for Gosling

Is Obertan better or worse than a traffic cone though?

Obscure reference, but can we do what they did in Renford Rejects, where the 5 aside team said they had signed Alan Shearer, and it turned out to be just a cardboard Cut out? Stick a cardboad David Ginola on the left :)

• 4 months later...