Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Pardew says, Sammy is pushing for a starting place as he's flying in training. Obertan has a trantrum, Pardew puts Obertan on ahead of Sammy.

Yeah righto.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0we1xtv4Q1qbaxlqo1_r1_400.gif

'I'm not in zee squad...sob'

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/022011/spongebob-gif-handsome-squidwrd.gif

'MON DIEU! Bon chance Pardieu you son of a silly pearr-son! I faaart in your general dirrrrection.'

• 6 months later...

He is back in the squad properly isn't he. Ameobi syndrome, he has more tools to be a success than the former but its only down to him to realise that and be confident and use his natural talent.

Looked mint in pre-season for Manure just before we signed him too.  :'(

Guest firetotheworks

He's a waste of space and has amounted to nothing and will never improve. Everything is in his head and that's a shame for him, but from the outside looking in he's s*** and he'll never ever be good enough. The fact that we have the most talented player that most of us have seen since Beardsley or Gazza training with the kids just makes the entire thing all the more pathetic.

Guest palnese

He can be decent when not under any kind of pressure. Weak mentally.

He's borderline retarded, the poor sod.

He looks decent against average European sides that play a slow game hence why he looked competent against teams like Brugge and Bordeaux in the Europa league. He looks awful against anyone else

In the Players in Public thread, I mentioned that I ran into him here in California earlier this summer. He said that he was told by Pardew at the season's end that he was not going to get any playing time if he stayed. This summer his agent was actively looking for a move back to France or another English club. He said that he didn't care where as long as he could be reasonably certain that he would start. He said this in the context that he wanted to improve as a player and advance his career. Didn't quite go as far as say that AP and co. were holding him back or not giving any constructive development. Like many of our middling foreign players, he was a bit apprehensive when I identified myself as a NUFC supporter when we first started talking. Was waiting to see if I was going to lay into him or go on a rant no doubt. :lol: After that didn't happen, he was pretty forthcoming and honest.

I recognise that this all means nothing as AP could change his mind, Obertan's agent has had no interested from other clubs, etc.

He looked our best player on the pitch by a mile today, pains me to say it but if he played anything near like he did today in the prem we would have a useful player.

Liked Remy's energy and arons again also (although he is still quite "raw")

He can be decent when not under any kind of pressure. Weak mentally.

Exactly. If he could play a season of meaningless friendlies in front of empty stadiums he'd be up for player of the year.