Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd start him next week.

I can't remember seeing a player run as fast when he chased that ball down.

Everyone pretty much went ''WHAT THE FUCK!!''

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd start him next week.

Everyone pretty much went ''WHAT THE f***!!''

Including Sagna.

Aye :lol:

I was bad laughing, it was a genuine shock moment.

What do people think of his general play?

My brother reckons he's a bit lazy.

I'd start him next week.

Everyone pretty much went ''WHAT THE f***!!''

Including Sagna.

Aye :lol:

I was bad laughing, it was a genuine shock moment.

What do people think of his general play?

My brother reckons he's a bit lazy.

He didn't seem all that lazy. There was one moment where he chased down a ball and it bounced in a way that made him think Sagna or whoever had got the ball and he just stood still whereas if he'd turned around he'd have seen that he could have got the ball.

Him and Marveux on the wings - unleash the pacy b*stards.

Them and Ben Arfa as the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, pace galore!

Plus no help for the defense whatsoever, unfortunately

thats what tiote and cabaye are for

:snod:

tbh I think we can accommodate two of those three at max, maybe not even that against the better sides.

You really need defense to start at the front in modern football, especially in the Prem. Even Shola was tracking back yesterday and Jonas was practically a second left-back. You wouldn't get that from these guys.

Give him a start soon I say. Obviously that run has been waxed lyrical about enough. But, while Barfa's out, I'd be happy to see what he's got about him in that free role behind the striker. Was all over the place until shunted out on the wing.

I'd play him in the middle against the mackems, he'll have them shitting bricks if he runs at them.

Definitely. Give him plenty of the ball, and let him run riot.

so neither of you would persevere with shola up top and 50 yard hoofs upfield then?  good to know 'cause apparently yesterday that should have been considered a managerial fucking masterclass :lol:

ba and obertan up top, same midfield as today and hopefully a LB by then and we should do them

I'd play him in the middle against the mackems, he'll have them shitting bricks if he runs at them.

Definitely. Give him plenty of the ball, and let him run riot.

so neither of you would persevere with shola up top and 50 yard hoofs upfield then?  good to know 'cause apparently yesterday that should have been considered a managerial fucking masterclass :lol:

ba and obertan up top, same midfield as today and hopefully a LB by then and we should do them

I said the same as you but someone reckoned playing two big men and hoofing it 50 yds allowed us to sit deep and nullify Arsenal which we did mostly. Can't say I'm a fan of the tactic but we got a point and probably would have got picked apart if we'd tried to go at it. Plus some of the players still looked rusty. I'd be moaning if we continued to play that way though.

yeah yeah agree with that Tron, my issue isn't how we started it's how we stuck with it and the poor changes he made

just saying he got it wrong overall, but yeah must of us would have taken a point at the start - thing is when there's an opportunity Pardew needs to be able to make the changes required to take it, that's his fucking job :lol:

anyway yeah, if we go to the mackems with that i don't fancy it tbh

yeah yeah agree with that Tron, my issue isn't how we started it's how we stuck with it and the poor changes he made

just saying he got it wrong overall, but yeah must of us would have taken a point at the start - thing is when there's an opportunity Pardew needs to be able to make the changes required to take it, that's his fucking job :lol:

anyway yeah, if we go to the mackems with that i don't fancy it tbh

I can't say I thought that much of the subs either but then very few Newcastle managers ever seem to make changes that make sense to me. Ba and Shola together looks like a car crash of a plan. I hope we don't see it too many more times because it's never going to work for me.

How quick was he when he chased down Sagna (?) and won the ball back?

I seriously don't think I saw Martins get up to that sort of speed in his time at the club. He could be a very useful weapon this season, also liked his little backheel to Cabaye. Start him off the striker until HBA returns please.

Oba was well into his 30's mind...

:troll:

Promising yesterday,and hungry. Deserves a start but not sure I'd drop Barton or Shola for the mackems. Maybe Ba?

There's 2 games a year Shola should be on the field, and this is one of them.