NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

no way this will be called off, Premier League will want as many games as possible to go ahead and there's NOTHING to stop a game in Newcastle going ahead

Makes no sense if they call off games out of London?

It does if half our Police force is IN London.

IS half our police force in London?

I don't get this. I would think Newcastle to be the last city to send reinforcements to London, location-wise.

We probably were, but they couldn't get 10,000 Police officers whilst leaving Northumbria alone!

but does that mean we're left with too few to look after a football match? i doubt it

Well I don't know man! :lol: I'm just saying why it's in doubt/could be cancelled.

no way this will be called off, Premier League will want as many games as possible to go ahead and there's NOTHING to stop a game in Newcastle going ahead

Makes no sense if they call off games out of London?

It does if half our Police force is IN London.

IS half our police force in London?

I don't get this. I would think Newcastle to be the last city to send reinforcements to London, location-wise.

We probably were, but they couldn't get 10,000 Police officers whilst leaving Northumbria alone!

but does that mean we're left with too few to look after a football match? i doubt it

Well I don't know man! :lol: I'm just saying why it's in doubt/could be cancelled.

:lol: i know! i'm just saying why it's likely to still be on :snod:

I considered flying over for this. Would be shitting myself right now if I had done.

Well, for me it's almost the same feeling as last season when I came over for the Liverpool match. Would the snow stop the plane? Would the snow stop the game? Would Newcastle play shit without Hughton (:lol:) ?

A bit worse this time, though. It's even more unpredictable than the weather.

I considered flying over for this. Would be shitting myself right now if I had done.

Well, for me it's almost the same feeling as last season when I came over for the Liverpool match. Would the snow stop the plane? Would the snow stop the game? Would Newcastle play s*** without Hughton (:lol:) ?

You should be fine, so long as the situation doesn't get worse.

Well, for me it's almost the same feeling as last season when I came over for the Liverpool match. Would the snow stop the plane? Would the snow stop the game? Would Newcastle play s*** without Hughton (:lol:) ?

You should be fine, so long as the situation doesn't get worse.

I fucking hope it doesn't. Would be a very sad moment to be in Newcastle on Saturday at 5:30 with no game to be played.

Why would our game be called off btw? Is there trouble in Newcastle? ???

I doubt that, if there was trouble everywhere else, that our match would be the only one to go ahead.

I don't think it will be called off, anyway. Just a little bit nervous now, obviously.

Why would our game be called off btw? Is there trouble in Newcastle? ???

'Local police forces will decide if they have the resources to oversee the matches in their respective areas' (Guardian)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There are only three London games this weekend.

I thought policing needs etc will mean there won't be enough coverage for the other games?