NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Assume it'll be along the lines of "We're monitoring the situation closely, as things stand ALL matches are still on, but we will keep you updated as the situation develops"

MirrorDarren Darren Lewis

Joint statement to come from Premier League and Football League on Saturday's games....

No way all the games will be off, there isn't trouble in all parts of the country.

Aye, but we've got nee Police :lol:

MirrorDarren Darren Lewis

Joint statement to come from Premier League and Football League on Saturday's games....

No way all the games will be off, there isn't trouble in all parts of the country.

Aye, but we've got nee Police :lol:

And nee Season tickets (as of yet :lol:)

101greatgoals 101greatgoals.com

The Guardian are now saying the Premier League's opening fixture list hangs in the balance #LondonRiots

'Local police forces will decide if they have the resources to oversee the matches in their respective areas' (Guardian)

:undecided:

Krul/Harper

Simpson Taylor  Colocinni  Enrique

Barton    Cabaye      Tiote        Jonas

Gola          Ba

Subs: Harper/Krul, Will, Guthrie, Gosling, Best + two of Marveux??, Obertan or vuckik, sameobi, Kadar, Tavernier

Whilst Barfa is out that is what i would go with for the first two games as things currently stand.

You have to play Gola (the Mackem destroyer) against the Mackems he needs a proper game to warm up for this and i also think Gola is the best option we have against Arsenal too.

Can't see us having too much success on the floor against Arsenal with the likes of Best, Vuckik etc their lack of movement isn't good enough to trouble them. Arsenal are a bit too slick for them unfortunately. With Gola we don't really know what your going to get and neither do they. Ba and Shola are both a handful in the air and Arsenal are weak at the back its a gamble i'd take. Ba and Shola should cause them problems at the back with their strength and height if nothing else. Best and Vuckik i just doubt will be good enough and be marked out the game.

With Barton, Cabaye, Tiote Jonas we have a very good defensively hardworking midfield.

Barton is positionally brilliant knows when to get forward when to defend when to cut inside and can ping fantastic crosses over all day long.

Cabaye is solid also and can pick a pass through the middle and hopefully get forward himself.

Tiote is excellent (probably our best player) and will make sure we are not overun in the midfield.

Jonas also good defensively and will also run at them all day long carrying the ball from our back line to our forward line winning free kicks and maybe one of his mazy runs will create something.

If spirits are high with this team we should at least give them a game.

I may stick a few quid on Taylor to score if he starts.

I will be SERIOUSLY pissed if the games are called off.

Would be horrible.

Would hate to start the season against Sunderland. However, it might mean that we get one more game of Ben Arfa :dontknow:

no way this will be called off, Premier League will want as many games as possible to go ahead and there's NOTHING to stop a game in Newcastle going ahead

Makes no sense if they call off games out of London?

It does if half our Police force is IN London.