Obertan

Marveuax

Willo

Gosling

Best

Krul

Vuckic

Ryan Taylor at left back is the stuff of nightmares

I agree but this is what i think he will go with. 

To think we have Ben arfa and Ferguson to come back in, a new left back, a striker and a couple of decent youngsters banging on the door in Abeid and Sammy Ameobi we are not shaping up to bad at all.  Jesus im in danger of feeling optimistic!

Agree with the above team, though I think Krul might be in there instead of Harper.

And that bench is not bad, not bloody bad at all! And as you say others to come as well.

Thanks. Has given me a lift as well!

Reckon we probably have to go with Ryan Taylor, he's had the most experience there - quite a bit for Wigan.

Ah, just wish I could be there....

Reckon the atmosphere will be just fantastic, and even more pumped if Barton is playing. He could be a real big influence in this game, along with Cabaye who I'm convinced is going to be a great player for us.

Come on you lads. I think we can do this one.

Skirge, man. What the fuck is 'safe' about suddenly implementing a completely untried and presumably untrained system on the day of the season opener? :lol:

Well without a LB I was thinking 3 CB's is better with two wing backs effectively being a 5 at the back

Anyone got the nervous excitement yet? I can't wait, won't sleep tonight.

:celb:

Its like Christmas Eve.

Cant bear all the arguing about Ashley and AP and money and blah and blah.

Get up tomorrow, soccer AM, some scran, head into town at 3, meet the lads, beers then support the lads. Great Days. Love it!  :clap2:

That's it it isn't it, come 5:30 tomorrow night all the crap from pre season will be forgotten and the football is back, and for some reason i am strangely positive.

Me too, all the shit that has gone on has taken away from the fact that, actually, on paper, we dont have a bad team. Especially, as someone mentioned earlier, two more in, King Arfa back, couple of youngsters coming through, there is plently to look forward too.

If Cabaye can pull off anything near what tiote did last season I would so jizz my pants. Relax and jizz them again. Tiote was immense. And I so hope Cabaye will be a hit in the black and white jersey. Really hope we'll see some fantastic offensive footie this season. Have something major to build on for the next. 'Cuz I really just see this season beeing a inbetweener as we still got hell lot of high earners we are waiting to get rid off.

If Cabaye can pull off anything near what tiote did last season I would so jizz my pants. Relax and jizz them again. Tiote was immense. And I so hope Cabaye will be a hit in the black and white jersey. Really hope we'll see some fantastic offensive footie this season. Have something major to build on for the next. 'Cuz I really just see this season beeing a inbetweener as we still got hell lot of high earners we are waiting to get rid off.

Smith, Xisco, Colo.... cant really think of anyone else? Barton maybe?

Its like Christmas Eve.

Get up tomorrow, soccer AM, some scran, head into town at 3, meet the lads, beers then support the lads. Great Days. Love it!  :clap2:

That's it it isn't it, come 5:30 tomorrow night all the crap from pre season will be forgotten and the football is back, and for some reason i am strangely positive.

Me too, all the shit that has gone on has taken away from the fact that, actually, on paper, we dont have a bad team. Especially, as someone mentioned earlier, two more in, King Arfa back, couple of youngsters coming through, there is plently to look forward too.

Aye, like I said a couple of pages back, I can't wait to see Ba, Cabaye and Obertan in action. I like the potential new style we will set up with. It will be a difficult start but I reckon if we can nick a few points in the first few games we'll have a decent season.

Its like Christmas Eve.

Me too, all the s*** that has gone on has taken away from the fact that, actually, on paper, we dont have a bad team. Especially, as someone mentioned earlier, two more in, King Arfa back, couple of youngsters coming through, there is plently to look forward too.

Aye, like I said a couple of pages back, I can't wait to see Ba, Cabaye and Obertan in action. I like the potential new style we will set up with. It will be a difficult start but I reckon if we can nick a few points in the first few games we'll have a decent season.

If we could take two points from the first two i'd be more than happy. Then try and build. It will help massivley if we can get a half decent forward in and Ben Arfa fit. Certainly reason to be optimistic.

Guest Heneage

Charlie Nicholas on SSN there saying Arsenal's defence is the worst it has ever been.

http://img.skysports.com/09/02/218x298/060209CharlieNicholas_1862693.jpg

'They're in a bad Cityeeeeeaaashun Jeff'

Smith, Xisco, Colo.... cant really think of anyone else? Barton maybe?

Colo's and Xisco's contracts run until 2013. Smith, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, and Barton all up in June. Improvements on those first three (which shouldn't be hard) would see us in very good shape. Of course we'll probably sell Tiote and Colo and be back to square one.

.com also lists the following youngsters as being in the last year of their contracts: Sammy, Tavernier, Lua Lua, Donaldson (tbc), Soderberg, Kadar, Airey, Richardson, Newton, Inman, Adjei, and Zamblera. Lots of decisions to be made in the next year.

Guthrie will get a new contract imo. Regardless of his ability at this level he is on peanuts and as we have seen with Shola that's all that matters.

In that case you'd expect Lovenkrands to get a new contract as well yet we were trying to flog him to Rangers apparently.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor            Colo      Jonas

Tiote

Barton                    Cabaye          Obertan

Ba                    Shola

I'd bet a fiver its that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Guthrie will get a new contract imo. Regardless of his ability at this level he is on peanuts and as we have seen with Shola that's all that matters.

Can't see it.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor            Colo      Jonas

Tiote

Barton                    Cabaye          Obertan

Ba                    Shola

Good line up, I would go with that.

still deciding whether i should put Barton in my fantasy team...decisions, decisions

Cabaye is the same price man. No brainer.

yeah, he will apparently be taking set pieces. just have a feeling Barton vs Arsenal is too tantalising to pass over. just wondering whether he'll actually start or not.

on the game itself - absolutely there for the winning this one. arsenal aren't mentally robust at the best of times but coming back to the scene of their humiliation, a game that destroyed the rest of their season, and losing Fabregas and Nasri, means they'll be even weaker than usual. with injuries on top of that...let's do it.

still deciding whether i should put Barton in my fantasy team...decisions, decisions

Cabaye is the same price man. No brainer.

yeah, he will apparently be taking set pieces. just have a feeling Barton vs Arsenal is too tantalising to pass over. just wondering whether he'll actually start or not.

on the game itself - absolutely there for the winning this one. arsenal aren't mentally robust at the best of times but coming back to the scene of their humiliation, a game that destroyed the rest of their season, and losing Fabregas and Nasri, means they'll be even weaker than usual. with injuries on top of that...let's do it.

First game of the season, a late kick-off, people drinking all day, this should mean the atmosphere's good. Can't see any reason why we can't beat them.

Agree with you about Barton as well, if he plays, he'll be playing with a point to prove, which can only be a good thing.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor             Colo      Jonas

Tiote

Barton                     Cabaye          Obertan

Ba                    Shola

Good line up, I would go with that.

Maybe if they dont play barton we'llgo willo colo CB , Taylor Rb and simpson LB with Jonas and Obertan on the wings.  It'll be one of those 2