Erik Pieters

Dave

Seems like were signing the shitiest left back there is from what i've been reading :lol: at least we won't have any expectations on this one.

Shittest left back ever that has played 10 times for his country at the age of 23.

This forum, man. Most pessimistic fans ever.

:lol: I've seen more good reviews of Pieters on here than bad ones yet so many people taking the "he's crap" approach.

Probably the same people who label Carr as a legend for picking out fantastic players. Trust his judgment man, or at least judge him yourself when you see him play.

:lol: I've seen more good reviews of Pieters on here than bad ones yet so many people taking the "he's crap" approach.

Probably the same people who label Carr as a legend for picking out fantastic players. Trust his judgment man, or at least judge him yourself when you see him play.

How sickeningly sensible.

Seems like were signing the shitiest left back there is from what i've been reading :lol: at least we won't have any expectations on this one.

Shittest left back ever that has played 10 times for his country at the age of 23.

Aye but in this case international caps shouldn't come into the equation when like Wallsendmag said, they have no one else at left back, and were even relying on van Bronckhorst recently (who no one here would be thrilled with).

Aye but in this case international caps shouldn't come into the equation when like Wallsendmag said, they have no one else at left back, and were even relying on van Bronckhorst recently (who no one here would be thrilled with).

I would be canny pissed off if we tried to get Feyernoord's assistant manager out of retirement like.

Van Bronckhorst is like 76 years old though, at least this guy can improve. Enrique had a bad start to his career here and look what he became, this guy might do the same without even having the bad start.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Why is it always us that gets screwed over, though?

First day of the season.  Liverpool and PSV have the Left Backs they want, and we don't have ANY. 

I would be canny pissed off if we tried to get Feyernoord's assistant manager out of retirement like.

:lol:

I would be canny p*ssed off if we tried to get Feyernoord's assistant manager out of retirement like.

:lol:

:spit:

I would be canny p*ssed off if we tried to get Feyernoord's assistant manager out of retirement like.

That says it all then. We are going for a player who was kept out of the Dutch National team during last years World Cup by the Feyenoord assistant manager! Class!

Guest Mantis

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

First day of the season.  Liverpool and PSV have the Left Backs they want, and we don't have ANY. 

What else did you expect from our incompetents? No left back and still waiting on the new striker. Pardew said we were ahead of the game though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

First day of the season.  Liverpool and PSV have the Left Backs they want, and we don't have ANY.  

What else did you expect from our incompetents? No left back and still waiting on the new striker. Pardew said we were ahead of the game though.

We had a strategy waiting to kick in man, Pardew's words.  :frantic:

We need this lad signed for Saturday - the alternatives don't bear thinkiong about.  Though...didn't Pardew make some noises last week about fergie making quicker than expected progress from his injury?

Perhaps Pieters isn't the replacement? Strategy was for someone else, Pieters coming in regardless (like Douglas said). Doubt he'd come here to sit on the bench though.

Thought AP said it was one in, one out apart from the potential new striker?

Perhaps Pieters isn't the replacement? Strategy was for someone else, Pieters coming in regardless (like Douglas said). Doubt he'd come here to sit on the bench though.

He wouldn't be leaving PSV as first choice left back, a shot at the title every year as well as guaranteed European football, to sit on our subs bench. Like i've said, i've seen plenty of him and don't rate him (although that's just my opinion) but things are getting so desperate it's getting to the stage where we just need to get a recognised left back in asap otherwise Arsenal will have a field day.

Guest Mantis

Thought AP said it was one in, one out apart from the potential new striker?

He doesn't know his Arse from his elbow

jarvis_mike Mike Jarvis

by nufcfans

@nufcfans PSV Coach says Pieters "cannot leave"??? Did we screw the pooch again???

Like that'll do any difference. If he wants to come here, he will.