Erik Pieters

Dave

Trying to console myself with the fact this 2-3 player thing is bollox and 'the one' they want is pure class and would only come as first choice or getting paid big wages and the twats didn't want two big wages/egos at the same time. 

At least any left back we are in touch with will be confident of being on the team sheet!

The Jose deal hasn't gone through yet, I'd like to see him have his farewell tomorrow.

Interesting regarding replacments, M'Bengue is an attacking full back still learning the defensive side of the game where as it appears Pieters is the complete opposite.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think they have to say they are looking at 2-3 other replacements so that PSV don't think that we have put all our eggs in 1 basket and try and hold us to ransom

I think it's possible that we're signing this guy as a versatile backup defender who'll genuinely compete for a first team place. i.e. A James perch that's not terrible.

There may very well be another left back signing in the cards.

I think it's possible that we're signing this guy as a versatile backup defender who'll genuinely compete for a first team place. i.e. A James perch that's not terrible.

There may very well be another left back signing in the cards.

This is a level of optimism that I just can't bring myself to.

Our best chance of getting a LB before Saturday is getting one in the Enrique deal (even on loan?).

Really can't see us opening discussions with another club, bidding (and accepted), dealing terms, medical and signing in 25 hours.

I think we are just going to have to accept that we're going into our first game of the season against Arsenal, one of the best sides in Europe, without a recognised left back and this has nothing to do with injuries or suspensions. It scares me the way this football club is being run.

Fuck me man. What a bunch of fucking amateurs. No left back 48 hours before the start of the season is disgraceful.

I see what they're doing now. It's a bit of fun risk factor they're playing. I like to throw it into my FM from time to time when I'm a bit bored.