Erik Pieters

Dave

Has to be a replacement ready, surely.

Not for Arsenal, I think it's safe to say at this point.

Starting to realize that. Was more having a go at the "surely-post" above mine. My post should, in a normal world, be the "surely" one.

Starting to realize that. Was more having a go at the "surely-post" above mine. My post should, in a normal world, be the "surely" one.

yeah, sure :)

That's not certain.. I'm pretty sure that they've known for a while that Ernique is leaving, so they've probably worked towards finding a replacement simultaneously with Enrique's transfer negotiations.

That's not certain.. I'm pretty sure that they've known for a while that Ernique is leaving, so they've probably worked towards finding a replacement simultaneously with Enrique's transfer negotiations.

:thup: Indeed. That's why they've speedily decided to inform PSV of our interest in one of their players. Diving right in, so to speak.

i wonder if something has happened to push the transfer through at this time, ie not far enough away from the window closing for them to say they didn't have time but not enough time to get someone in for saturday ?

I think you're giving them too much credit tbh.

:thup: Indeed. That's why they've speedily decided to inform PSV of our interest in one of their players. Diving right in, so to speak.

That's my thoughts too..Pards has probably done a lot of sweet talking with the player, agent and the club already  :pards:

And you're giving them too much discredit..When you know a player is leaving, you start finding alternatives asap..It's common sense, not rocket science..

Guest bimpy474

And you're giving them too much discredit..When you know a player is leaving, you start finding alternatives asap..It's common sense, not rocket science..

Common sense has been lacking in those that shall not be mentioned, some of the flack they get could be eased if they just spoke to us through a paper, local or national, set out what their vision is, but they dont/wont to the utter frustration of us all, that is a massive lack of common sense imo.

It's also common sense to have a senior left back at the club. We don't. It would also have been common sense to have made Liverpool wait for Enrique until we had his replacement in the bag. We didn't. Now everyone knows we are desperate for a left back (we needed one even when Enrique was here) which doesn't put us in a very good bargaining position. Not much common sense there.

Guest bimpy474

It's also common sense to have a senior left back at the club. We don't. It would also have been common sense to have made Liverpool wait for Enrique until we had his replacement in the bag. We didn't. Now everyone knows we are desperate for a left back (we needed one even when Enrique was here) which doesn't put us in a very good bargaining position. Not much common sense there.

Dont worry about that, with our Columbo style clause seeking out skills, it'll be £5m for whoever get ;)

Has to be Jonas at left back surely?

Yep.

Asking for trouble. He'll be getting rinsed on here more than normal if he does play especially against a wide forward rather than a winger/wide midfielder.