Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

He's just saying what he was told. Think that's fair enough. What he is told may or may not change mind, but that is everyone surely aware of...

Yeah, 'told'

Yeah what? Fact is he has contacts within the club. He knows more than us, although things change quick as f***.

He never actually sounds like he know's anything though. His Twitter is just a constant stream of if's, but's, and maybe's.

Can you imagine him getting straight onto the blower to some 'contact' early this morning after the story broke, and them giving him the time of day between negotiations to peddle a 'Oh yes we want him, but he's more expensive than we thought, but, and keep this under your hat, we are still interested' line.

My arse has he talked to anyone about Cissokho.

No evidence of anything, and Taxfree is already calling us a disgrace. :lol:

He's just saying what he was told. Think that's fair enough. What he is told may or may not change mind, but that is everyone surely aware of...

Yeah, 'told'

Yeah what? Fact is he has contacts within the club. He knows more than us, although things change quick as f***.

He never actually sounds like he know's anything though. His Twitter is just a constant stream of if's, but's, and maybe's.

Can you imagine him getting straight onto the blower to some 'contact' early this morning after the story broke, and them giving him the time of day between negotiations to peddle a 'Oh yes we want him, but he's more expensive than we thought, but, and keep this under your hat, we are still interested' line.

:nope:

Told by whom? I don't believe for a second that most of his reactionary 'I've been told' tweets to stories actually come from anywhere beyond his own fevered bonce.

How should I know? Either way, he definitely has contacts like.

As a local journalist, he will have contacts within the club however, whether they tell him the truth is another matter.  It seems to me that the local journalists are often fed a lot of misinformation by the club especially when the supporters start getting agitated.

Yeah, 'told'

They don't just speak to the club though - they will contact the player's agents and other journalists they trust to verify their information.  Not saying that is the case here but everyone involved has their own agenda and will use the media to suit their purpose.

No chance of him leaving Lyon for us... surely?

He'd get Premier League football, we've got a lot of Frenchies. Reckon he'd join us if we matched/upped his wages. Don't think we'll splash the cash though.

Looks like Pieters is going through, makes this more unlikely.

Can't Pieters play in other defensive positions? If we can't have two players for each defensive position we could do with someone like that.

Am I being way too optimistic in thinking that we could be in for both Pieters and Cissokho? Other than the fact that Mike Ashley runs the club I wouldnt think of it being too excessive, 2 left backs would be ideal seeing as we haven't got any and Pieters would give us some extra cover at centre half.

Saying that I'd be more than grateful for one at the moment.

Am I being way too optimistic in thinking that we could be in for both Pieters and Cissokho? Other than the fact that Mike Ashley runs the club I wouldnt think of it being too excessive, 2 left backs would be ideal seeing as we haven't got any and Pieters would give us some extra cover at centre half.

Would love to think so mate, but I just can't see a Dutch international wanting to come here to sit on the bench.

Would love to think so mate, but I just can't see a Dutch international wanting to come here to sit on the bench.

But what if he was coming here to play alongside Colo?

Maybe in an alternate universe. It's the Pieters fella we're signing, this is just a red herring.

But what if he was coming here to play alongside Colo?

This is the one thing that possibly makes this a goer, though I can't see us bypassing Willo or Taylor when they will be seen as more than adequate.

Can't Pieters play in other defensive positions? If we can't have two players for each defensive position we could do with someone like that.

I've also theorized that Pieters might possibly be a "Perch replacement" (a versatile defender) and we might be after a second left back, but given past history, it does seem unlikely that we'd shell out 6m+ on two defenders with one of them not even meant to be first choice.

I've also theorized that Pieters might possibly be a "Perch replacement" (a versatile defender) and we might be after a second left back, but given past history, it does seem unlikely that we'd shell out 6m+ on two defenders with one of them not even meant to be first choice.

If we are getting a starting dutch international to replace James Perch then our next number 9 will either be Messi or Cristano Ronaldo.

He can also play centre back.

He'd make a brilliant duo with Obertan.

http://img.skysports.com/09/06/218x298/alycissokho_2318766.jpg

http://www.kopsource.com/wp-content/postimages/aly-cissokho-liverpool.jpg