Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

So you agree with me then Nut. Best's quality isn't the issue. He is the dictionary definition of a cheap no mark. So is Williamson, and Simpson, and Ryan Taylor. 

Tron's point seems to be that squads under Shepherd had some shit players. How's that different to now?

So you agree with me then Nut. Best's quality isn't the issue. He is the dictionary definition of a cheap no mark. So is Williamson, and Simpson, and Ryan Taylor. 

Tron's point seems to be that squads under Shepherd had some s*** players. How's that different to now?

It's not different, but the way the likes of yourself and a few others are going on, you'd think we're only like this because of what Ashley's doing. I'd take this squad over what Shepherd left us anyday.

Tron's point seems to be that squads under Shepherd had some s*** players. How's that different to now?

It's not different, but the way the likes of yourself and a few others are going on, you'd think we're only like this because of what Ashley's doing. I'd take this squad over what Shepherd left us anyday.

I'd happily agree with that. :thup:

/along with the reserves which has some pretty exciting players hitting their 20's a spitting dab away from the first team squad as well.

Matter of opinion. This is the weakest NUFC squad I've ever seen going into a new season personally.

That's a bold statement.

We have only three centre-backs, one makeshift leftback and an uninspiring array of options up front so I can can understand why it's not a great squad, but your statement seems to imply it to be a squad you suspect may get relegated? Or do you have enough faith in the first-team to allay such fears?

I actually think with a left back and a striker, this will be one of our stronger Premier League squads. Loads of attacking options, defence is lacking in numbers though.

Agreed. Some of the players in Nuts post at the top of the page :lol: we had good times under the old board but history is bring re-written somewhat here. We had a lot of shite getting games. A lot worse than the squad players we currently have.

I actually think with a left back and a striker, this will be one of our stronger Premier League squads. Loads of attacking options, defence is lacking in numbers though.

Agreed. Some of the players in Nuts post at the top of the page :lol: we had good times under the old board but history is bring re-written somewhat here. We had a lot of s**** getting games. A lot worse than the squad players we currently have.

Was it coincidence Hall & Shepherd bailed out when they did? I think they knew we were fucked.

Given > Krul

Carr = Simpson

Babayaro > fucking nobody

Moore < Coloccini

Bramble = Taylor

Solano = Barton

Duff < Gutierrez

Emre = Cabaye

Parker < Tiote

Butt < Ba

Ameobi = Ameobi

About even, I'd say. :dontknow:

I think a scrap at the bottom is definitely on the cards as it stands. The strikers are Championship standard other than maybe Ba who has everything to prove and an iffy knee. The defence is only better because of Coloccini, should anything happen to him, I dread to think of the consequences. It's not healthy to be so dependent on one player when the cover is either woeful or in our case non-existent.

I'd put Taylor slightly ahead of Bramble but agree with that.

Although looking at yours the only positions we're stronger then were in goal and left-back, whereas 4 positions are stronger now in your opinion.

I also think if Ferguson starts, even though it's not his natural position he's at least on par with Babayaro.

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

Always dangerous to base too much on twitter, msg board and fanzine ranting but if #nufc lose to #safc it's going to get very ugly at sjp!

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

The mood seems to be one of disgruntlement & irritation but derby defeat will ignite a fuse for many #nufc fans after last six months

:lol:

Given > Krul

Carr = Simpson

Babayaro > fucking nobody

Moore < Coloccini

Bramble = Taylor

Solano = Barton

Duff < Gutierrez

Emre = Cabaye

Parker < Tiote

Butt < Ba

Ameobi = Ameobi

"fucking nobody" would run circles around Babayaro tbh.

No way Carr back then was as good as Simpson is now also. I remember vastly preferring both Taylor and Solano at RB.

Tron's point seems to be that squads under Shepherd had some shit players. How's that different to now?

My point is even though Shepherd spent shitloads we still had squads made up of a few big names surrounded by quite a few mediocre players. Incidentally I would count players like Kluivert, Butt and Bowyer among the big names as well :lol:

If we've got a similar squad now at least we haven't blown our money on crap like Boumsong and Luque for no reason at all .

Given > Krul

Carr = Simpson

Babayaro > f***ing nobody

Moore < Coloccini

Bramble = Taylor

Solano = Barton

Duff < Gutierrez

Emre = Cabaye

Parker < Tiote

Butt < Ba

Ameobi = Ameobi

Cabaye is unproven.  Can't say he's as good as Emre.

Given > Krul

Carr = Simpson

Moore < Coloccini

Bramble = Taylor

Solano = Barton

Duff < Gutierrez

Emre = Cabaye

Parker < Tiote

Butt < Ba

Ameobi = Ameobi

The equivalent of saying you can't say Aguero is as good as Balotelli because he's unproven.

What a load of rubbish man.

Given > Krul

Carr = Simpson

Moore < Coloccini

Bramble = Taylor

Solano = Barton

Duff < Gutierrez

Emre = Cabaye

Parker < Tiote

Butt < Ba

Ameobi = Ameobi

The equivalent of saying you can't say Aguero is as good as Balotelli because he's unproven.

What a load of rubbish man.

:-[

I was being sarcastic man!  ;D Everyone keeps saying stuff like that and it annoys me a bit as well.