Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

What time is it on for us US viewers?

Should be clearly stated in the title.

Easy. In UK 12 pm. If you are in NY It'll be 7 in the morning (saturday) (5 hr difference)  , If you are in Seattle it'll be 4 in the morning (saturday) (8 hr difference).

just noticed this quote from Bruce in the echo today

"The way we are now set up, we have to play. We have to play our game but we also need to have the courage to play proper football."

:lol: The fuck does that mean?

:mackems:

Normaly they play shit, but they need courage to play some real football this match. :lol:

"The way we are now set up, we have to play. We have to play our game but we also need to have the courage to play proper football."

:lol: The fuck does that mean?

:mackems:

Normaly they play shit, but they need courage to play some real football this match. :lol:

depends on Bruce's definition of 'proper football' i suppose, either way it seems like he thinks they dont play it?

:lol: The f*** does that mean?

Immense pressure on Bruce to deliver after spending a fortune and the way he fucked up last year's derbies and made a complete arse of himself ranting about revenge songs etc.

FWIW I think that despite his spending, squad wise he's weaker than last year and win lose or draw he won't last the season.

Not that it will bother him much as he picks up the balance of the huge new contract Quinn just gave him returns to his Newcastle home and spends Saturday's watching his beloved Man Utd safe in the knowledge he won't have to dirty his shoes entering Sunderland any more.

We've got the personnel to play a good game on the deck but having Shola in the side completely negates that as he's always on his heels and lacks any form of mobility. Would really like to have seen Obertan playing behind Ba for this, very dangerous combination considering the passing talent we have in Joey and Cabaye, playing behind them.

We've got the personnel to play a good game on the deck but having Shola in the side completely negates that as he's always on his heels and lacks any form of mobility. Would really like to have seen Obertan playing behind Ba for this, very dangerous combination considering the passing talent we have in Joey and Cabaye, playing behind them.

I agree, although Shola could still do an OK job as he loves playing Sunderland. Would like to see a 4-4-1-1 still though, with someone like Obertan linking the attacks. The two up front had no support at the start of the Arsenal game.

Joey7Barton Am off to training now. Keep them momentum going, ever signature counts #jft96

22 minutes ago

dannysimpson12 Mornin tweeps! Another nice day in Newcastle today, apart from the derby if u have time this weekend u should watch the inbetweeners

12 minutes ago

NilePowerRanger Off to training.. Feeling.. Good

7 minutes ago

:lol:

Joey7Barton Am off to training now. Keep them momentum going, ever signature counts #jft96

22 minutes ago

dannysimpson12 Mornin tweeps! Another nice day in Newcastle today, apart from the derby if u have time this weekend u should watch the inbetweeners

12 minutes ago

NilePowerRanger Off to training.. Feeling.. Good

7 minutes ago

:lol:

Nice time to start 'working' compared to the time the normal people have to start most of their jobs.

Three Kings is on the A4  I think the nearest tube is West Kensington..did not know they showed the game though !

The three kings is class. Massive pub, with 3/4 different rooms, gets loads of snide channels so shows about 4/5 3pm kick-offs on a saturday. Will be almost guaranteed to be showing the derby. Also has an oven set up in the bar serving pies and hotdogs during the game.

West Ken nearest tube, it's right next door to it.

Guest Wearside

Not long now gentlemen.

Nerves/excitement/bricking it/expectation all starting to kick in now, going to be hard getting to kip tonight. The things a f****** football match does to you.

Call me whatever you want, but I seriously worry if we line up with R.Taylor and Shola.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  R.Taylor

Barton  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ameobi  Ba

2-1 to them.

Call me whatever you want, but I seriously worry if we line up with R.Taylor and Shola.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  R.Taylor

Barton  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ameobi  Ba

2-1 to them.

GoCompare cretin. ;)

I really think a five man midfield is the way to go. It's the one area I really feel like we can dominate (whereas our defence can be iffy and our attack nullified). Hoping for a much better link between attack and defence than against Arsenal, and I think a five man midfield with Obertan or Vuckic would help.