The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ToonUltra

What about away fans at SJP then? Are they getting banning orders for persistent standing?

Close the away section imo, can't have people standing infront of plastic chairs at SJP.

Every team i've witnessed bar a few who i cant remeber due to lack of ability to even turn up stood the whole game. Nothing said to those, in fact the stewards were trying to get us to sit all game and we couldnt see anything happening to the opposites. Doncaster game, two guys fell over the railings are walked back to their seats. Not an ounce of pressure on them to sit.

Reopen L7 and cheer everyone up, apart from that fat fecker but its about time he was upset for once.

The authorities at SJP really do seem quite extreme! I would be very surprised if any other ground in the league had this much trouble over a small corner of the ground standing during a game ffs! It's not like it's violence against the away fans, constant pitch invasions, or any other obvious destructive behaviour! It's just standing for goodness sake, and as people have said this would of been so avoidable had Level 7 been left untouched.

Banning people from attending a football much for standing. Think about it for just a minute and it is just such an absurd thought. Our club, modern football= :facepalm:

I seen the incident with the elderly woman and i didnt see anyone giving her abuse. The lad she was talking to did refuse to sit down and it didnt help matters that he was easily over 6 foot tall. She kept speaking to the stewards but they didnt speak to the lad in front of her.

She wasnt forced to leave at all she was kindly moved to a better seat along with another woman closer to the pitch where no one was standing.

Im not justifying the actions of anybody here, just letting people know what i seen as oppossed to what is written in the Ronnie Gill.

I seen the incident with the elderly woman and i didnt see anyone giving her abuse. The lad she was talking to did refuse to sit down and it didnt help matters that he was easily over 6 foot tall. She kept speaking to the stewards but they didnt speak to the lad in front of her.

She wasnt forced to leave at all she was kindly moved to a better seat along with another woman closer to the pitch where no one was standing.

Im not justifying the actions of anybody here, just letting people know what i seen as oppossed to what is written in the Ronnie Gill.

How dare they make her move to another seat! Glad these cunts are getting banned from attending matches, hopefully they get lifetime bans.

Guest bimpy474

What about away fans at SJP then? Are they getting banning orders for persistent standing?

But they only come once a year (each team i mean) and its hard to govern that, trying to throw out say 30 away fans is going to stir up a hornets nest on the day, not fair but the club probably lets that go, with you they have your name address and see you every other week, your easy to pick out and manage.

Guest Roger Kint

First quote is nowt to do with said woman, second quote says nothing about her getting abused. Next. Just to make it clear I'm only talking about the case of this one woman as thats the only one I've heard about, couldn't really comment on anything else  :thup:

Ah so you struggle to understand how a 'biased and one sided article' fits in with other incidents in that area? I am well aware that neither refer directly to the case in point but i had hoped to be speaking with someone not so thick as to see the connection. Well done though, you have backed that up with an equally stupid comment regarding moving the woman  :idiot2:

Did we have any of these problems when the signing section was first created, or last season? Can't remember them.

Nope because everyone in the singing section all wanted to stand at the games. Lets face it, they were the worst seats in terms of watching the match and the cheapest.

Guest WashyGeordie

Did we have any of these problems when the signing section was first created, or last season? Can't remember them.

Nope. And the only reason it was disbanded/fans coming down level 7 was because of the anti-Ashley chants apparently, AND if he gave us the Leazes NW Corner, where most were meant to be placed until the club pulled the plug last minute on it, i believe they wouldn't be a problem like we're having now - mainly because it had far more empty seats for ST holders to take up.

Guest WashyGeordie

Had on, didn't the club employ glorified bouncers for a while because of the bother up in L7?

Aye the bouncers caused the bother! :lol:

Think it was mainly to do with persistant standing aswell as pressure from outside, the council maybe? Why they got the bouncers in instead of stewarding - which backfired.

First quote is nowt to do with said woman, second quote says nothing about her getting abused. Next. Just to make it clear I'm only talking about the case of this one woman as thats the only one I've heard about, couldn't really comment on anything else  :thup:

Ah so you struggle to understand how a 'biased and one sided article' fits in with other incidents in that area? I am well aware that neither refer directly to the case in point but i had hoped to be speaking with someone not so thick as to see the connection. Well done though, you have backed that up with an equally stupid comment regarding moving the woman  :idiot2:

Yeah fair enough I did miss the point actually, I was fixated on the point I was trying to make - that it's seemingly lies about this old woman. Surely this means it's biased if what they're saying is outright lies? On the other hand consider the following that Blef posted on Facebook (I'm sure she won't mind me pasting this)

No mention of the 16 year old who was attacked by a "South East Corner" old-timer. What a one-sided horrible article!

In my mind this is a very biased and one sided article, especially since they use the name Toon Ultras. Not only is it factually incorrect but already it's stirring images in peoples heads of this being some sort of organized move by a big group of people with only bad intentions. There was no need to get insulting with your post, mind. Seems like you're a tad rattled.

I am one of those that got moved from Leazes7, now I am in the SE corner and to be honest hate it.  I sit down, because I do not want my arse pressed in the face of the lady sitting next to me.  I sit however thinking how much better it was standing and having a view of the players quater of a mile away.  I do sing still, which in itself got a reaction against Fulham of a 'tut' from the lady who I politely do not rub my arse in the face of.  So judging from the tut, she would prefer me to sit, silent, unless we scored, in which case she will stand and clap - as if just finishing a round of hip-hip-hooray on her mothers birthday.  Personally I would prefer to jump, scream and clap all at the same time, but I feel like a total bellend for doing so.  £120 extra for something I enjoy less, to say I am thinking of giving it up next season (which after 2 home games never thought I would), tells a story in itself.  For the record, the lady who sits next to me is probably lovely, but our wants from a matchday experience are considerably different.

Close the away section imo, can't have people standing infront of plastic chairs at SJP.

Every team i've witnessed bar a few who i cant remeber due to lack of ability to even turn up stood the whole game. Nothing said to those, in fact the stewards were trying to get us to sit all game and we couldnt see anything happening to the opposites. Doncaster game, two guys fell over the railings are walked back to their seats. Not an ounce of pressure on them to sit.

Reopen L7 and cheer everyone up, apart from that fat fecker but its about time he was upset for once.

Only one to persistently stand are man united.

This season Arsenal mostly sat down and so did Fulham.

Been the same every year, I've sat in Level 7 Milburn just beyond the leazes End Penalty box since the ground was extended and  only man United persist in standing the full game

Just another argument for safe standing areas in football. Plenty of areas you could have them at SJP as well. How can they do it safely in Germany but the idea just gets laughed out of town in this country?

Just another argument for safe standing areas in football. Plenty of areas you could have them at SJP as well. How can they do it safely in Germany but the idea just gets laughed out of town in this country?

Here's your reason.

http://thechels.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/scousers.jpg

Here's your reason.

http://thechels.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/scousers.jpg

Well yeah I was going to mention that lot.