L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Been told Maiga switch 'moving in the right direction'. Never know but unlikely to be announced til Jan 1/2 tho. #nufc

2 hours ago

Expected that to happen tbh. But as long as it's moving in the right direction, then should be fine.

Negative faaacking c***s, as Kinnear would've said.

FYP

3:47 gets me every time. :lol:

First time I've actually heard that. How on earth can we be doing so well when we have an owner who makes KK walk and replaces him with that? Depressing as it brings you back to the reality of what a twat we have on our hands.

response on another forum from a Sochaux fan.

--

magpies must have money burning a hole in their pocket to shell out 7M€ for a player who's been "injured" much of this season and is going to the ANC in Jan and Feb.

opinion on the planète sochaux forum is unanimous: good riddance to bad rubbish. my advice: once he passes his physical and signs the contract, handcuff him to a pipe in the SJP changing room. otherwise he'll find an excuse not to be fit (or even present) during the holiday marathon, will come back late from africa and his first appearance for NUFC will be at emirates stadium. oh, he'll like that!

maybe he'll find new "motivation" at newcastle, but nothing in my mind could be less certain. he may score 4 goals in his first three matches. he's more likely to make the papers by wrapping a ferrari around a lamppost and then wanting away to chelsea or malaga before the end of the season. the man is a pestilence.

--

magpies must have money burning a hole in their pocket to shell out 7M€ for a player who's been "injured" much of this season and is going to the ANC in Jan and Feb.

opinion on the planète sochaux forum is unanimous: good riddance to bad rubbish. my advice: once he passes his physical and signs the contract, handcuff him to a pipe in the SJP changing room. otherwise he'll find an excuse not to be fit (or even present) during the holiday marathon, will come back late from africa and his first appearance for NUFC will be at emirates stadium. oh, he'll like that!

maybe he'll find new "motivation" at newcastle, but nothing in my mind could be less certain. he may score 4 goals in his first three matches. he's more likely to make the papers by wrapping a ferrari around a lamppost and then wanting away to chelsea or malaga before the end of the season. the man is a pestilence.

Safe to say he's a good player then :)

--

He should go back to selling onions.

On the shortlist for the 2011 "Lead Ball" award.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/et-les-nomines-pour-le-ballon-de-plomb-sont_77338

Along with Mickael Ciani. :lol:

What the f*** is that about?? :lol:

It's an award given to the "worst footballer of Ligue 1" for 2011. A player "wins" it via votes from readers of Cahiers du Football.

Criteria for a "nomination":

This dubious distinction is awarded to a player who is chosen for his intrinsic qualities, attributes, attitudes and bad career choices that hinder a player’s progress as a pro.

FYP

Fucks sake man, he was our manager :scared: :anguish:

Without being a morbid/evil sod, thank fuck he had 'health problems' and had to go early. Didn't he claim to have a 2 year contract waiting to be signed?

FYP

Fucks sake man, he was our manager :scared: :anguish:

Without being a morbid/evil sod, thank fuck he had 'health problems' and had to go early. Didn't he claim to have a 2 year contract waiting to be signed?

If his health hadn't failed, I'm almost certain we wouldn't have gone down that year.

Depends on your view of our relegation as to whether that was a good thing or not.

Relegation was the best thing that happened to this club since Sir Bobby was in charge.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110412235025/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/1/15/Capt._Obvious.jpg/180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

FYP

f***s sake man, he was our manager :scared: :anguish:

Without being a morbid/evil sod, thank f*** he had 'health problems' and had to go early. Didn't he claim to have a 2 year contract waiting to be signed?

If his health hadn't failed, I'm almost certain we wouldn't have gone down that year.

Depends on your view of our relegation as to whether that was a good thing or not.

So cringey listening to that.

Him as our manager is something i just block out of my mind tbh.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

FYP

First time I've actually heard that. How on earth can we be doing so well when we have an owner who makes KK walk and replaces him with that? Depressing as it brings you back to the reality of what a twat we have on our hands.

"None of your faacking business" :lol:

Kinnear. Horrific.

So cringey listening to that.

Him as our manager is something i just block out of my mind tbh.

He's right IMO, Kinnear was an embarrassment, but he would have kept us up.

Don't agree with this about Kinnear keeping us up.  He had no wins in his last 8 games before becoming ill.

It's like that Alan Partridge line, "Your ratings (results) started badly.  They got worse".

Cunt would have taken us down.  God, I still can't stand him. :lol: