L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Seems it's another promising team we're contributing to rip apart. Sochaux were apparently one of the most exciting teams in Ligue 1 last season, but they've already lost Ideye Brown to Dynamo Kiev and now this guy to us seemingly.

Marvin Martin and Boudebouz have both been linked to moves away aswell.

As ourselves and Arsenal have found this summer, football is all about player power. As soon as player has his head turned and is desperate to leave it is nigh on impossible to keep hold of them. If we really want him it's a case of when rather than if.

They'll give him a bit more money and he'll probably stay I reckon.

They've flat out rejected our bid it seems, which is weird because they allowed us to talk to the player.

Looks like they will prbably only allow him to leave for more money.

Ashley doesn't do more money ...

Did Barca want to sell Cesc? Did we want to sell Enrique? Both accepted bids lower than what they regarded as value for their players simply because the player wanted to leave. It's very rare the player doesn't get his way.

As ourselves and Arsenal have found this summer, football is all about player power. As soon as player has his head turned and is desperate to leave it is nigh on impossible to keep hold of them. If we really want him it's a case of when rather than if.

They've flat out rejected our bid it seems, which is weird because they allowed us to talk to the player.

Did Barca want to sell Cesc? Did we want to sell Enrique? Both accepted bids lower than what they regarded as value for their players simply because the player wanted to leave. It's very rare the player doesn't get his way.

Yeah, well if it does happen it won't be in time for this weekend I don't think, which is unfortunate. Hope I'm wrong though.

Enrique was in the last year of his deal, which made it tough.

Fabregas, eveyone was just sick of his whiny little face, and supposed aching hamstrings!

Hope your right though! Although we will surly have other ironsin the fire anyway  :harry:

Yeah, well if it does happen it won't be in time for this weekend I don't think, which is unfortunate. Hope I'm wrong though.

Enrique was in the last year of his deal, which made it tough.

Fabregas, eveyone was just sick of his whiny little face, and supposed aching hamstrings!

Hope your right though! Although we will surly have other ironsin the fire anyway  :harry:

:lol:

FWIW I don't know a lot about the lad and therefore can't really comment on how positive I feel about deal. I just think once a player goes on strike the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Can we not just join Ligue 1? We'd probably finish in the Champions League places there.

:snod:

Regarding this Maiga lad, no idea who he is and what he's like but some people's comments have been somewhat positive...

Can we not just join Ligue 1? We'd probably finish in the Champions League places there.

:snod:

Regarding this Maiga lad, no idea who he is and what he's like but some people's comments have been somewhat positive...

I'm not sure what papers you read, but respected columnists like Shayno all say he's shit. Well actually, like a massive pile of shite formed into the shape of a house.

Obviously I too have no idea what he's like, but I have to say, I'm very, very disappointed. :no:

Andrew Gibney on Twitter -

My thoughts on Maiga – started as a winger for Le Mans under Frederic Hantz in 2007 - 8 goals in 30 games for Le Mans in ’08.

Pacey, powerful. When Gervinho left he became the man striker – 7 goals 32 games, played centrally and also wide.

Moved to Sochaux in 2010 partnership with Brown Ideye 15 goals 36 games. Developed into a very powerful and direct front man.

Can lead the line and play with a partner. Great in the air, and with his feet. £8m is a bargain for a goalscorer.

Potential attitude problem from trying to force a move after one season with Sochaux. But never had problems in the past.

Im gonna believe Andy Gibney and ignore Andy Brassell

Andrew Gibney #NUFC trying to offload Lovenkrands to Rangers, would be a mistake as I'm sure he can net 15 league goals this season.

Think I'm inclined to believe Brassell tbh. :lol: