L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

can't say i've heard of him to be honest but it's worrying thinking of what will happen in february, end of the transfer window and the african cup of nations...

Yep. Once again this strikes me as more opportunism than carefully coordinated planning. Irrespective of whether or not he's a good player, I just think it's ridiculous that we could once again be facing a winter of Shola-Loven-and Best, who, whilst I think is decent, hasn't exactly got a perfect fitness record.

I don't see the ANC being a big factor here as we also have Marveaux, Obertan and HBA who can play that position. We can do without him for one month, it will be far harder to replace Tiote.

can't say i've heard of him to be honest but it's worrying thinking of what will happen in february, end of the transfer window and the african cup of nations...

Yep. Once again this strikes me as more opportunism than carefully coordinated planning. Irrespective of whether or not he's a good player, I just think it's ridiculous that we could once again be facing a winter of Shola-Loven-and Best, who, whilst I think is decent, hasn't exactly got a perfect fitness record.

and even then a potential call up for nigeria for shola  :doh:

Guest johnson293

Where did this come from? Excellent news the NUFC scouts are really doing a good job this year

First mention is L'Equipe, then fee and contract mentioned on France Eurosport, and now Sky Sports article with 'quotes' from the player himself saying he has spoken to us (NUFC) and wants move - threatening not to play for Sochaux again to push move through.

and even then a potential call up for nigeria for shola  :doh:

And Sammy.

Africa Cup of Nations will be a disaster for us... Ba, Maiga og Tioté gone

Does 'og' mean 'and' in Norweigan/Swedish/Danish?  :shifty:

Danish I think  :idiot2:

Norwegian, and it means "and"

3 points to Frazzle. Congrats.

I had three guesses to be fair but thanks!  :snod:

I'm Danish, but it's the same in Norway and Denmark :)

Oh, dident know that, its what i love here, learn something new each day. Yesterday i learned about farting etique in GC. :smug:

And Iceland  :pow:

Kid sounds promising and it'd be great to get a striker in, but for that money I'd like something better and less risky. I'd definitely support him if he comes, but hopefully we've bid for a few strikers and he's just one of them.

Guest johnson293

Arriving in Newcastle around 4-5pm.

Officially, or Like Ben Arfa did.... just putting himself on a flight, and turning up at Newcastle Airport??!!

I don't see the ANC being a big factor here as we also have Marveaux, Obertan and HBA who can play that position. We can do without him for one month, it will be far harder to replace Tiote.

we still have Smith

we still have Smith  O0