L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

From what I can gather it looks a similar type of player to Ba and Shola. Which is probably the resason why we haven't already bid for him.

From the players we've been linked with/bid for, it certainly looked like we were after a little nippy striker to play alongside Ba, this guy doesnt really fit the bill. One might even suggest this looks like a bit of a panic buy. But none the less, he scored 15 goals last season and the season before, still relitively young and he's a striker. Something we're absolutely desperate for.

Hope it comes off like, even if its out of sheer desperation for a striker with more ability than f***ing Lovenkrands, Shola andBest.

Interesting post. Sounds to me like you're the one who is panicking though, and "gathering" all sorts of ideas out of thin air!

I know the dude is over 6ft and black, but that does not equate to being like Ba and Shola!

Very weird situation on the whole I must say.

It appears we have satisfied the club to some degree because they allowed the player to talk with Newcastle and apparently agree on a contract and everything, so why are they seemingly being difficult now?

I wish Newcastle would just do more straightforward transfers like the Cabaye one more. All this drawn out back and forth squablling doesn't make anyone look good. They've already put the player in an awkward position with his present club, but I can imagine the guy is on tenterhooks as it is.

Sort it out Derek. Make a decision already!

From what I can gather it looks a similar type of player to Ba and Shola. Which is probably the resason why we haven't already bid for him.

From the players we've been linked with/bid for, it certainly looked like we were after a little nippy striker to play alongside Ba, this guy doesnt really fit the bill. One might even suggest this looks like a bit of a panic buy. But none the less, he scored 15 goals last season and the season before, still relitively young and he's a striker. Something we're absolutely desperate for.

Hope it comes off like, even if its out of sheer desperation for a striker with more ability than f***ing Lovenkrands, Shola andBest.

Interesting post. Sounds to me like you're the one who is panicking though, and "gathering" all sorts of ideas out of thin air!

I know the dude is over 6ft and black, but that does not equate to being like Ba and Shola!

Not at all. From what has already been described of him and what i've seen on Youtube, he seems to be a big strong lad who's main attributes are based around his phsyical prescence and aerial ability. Much like Shola and Ba. He's certainly not the type of player we've tracked all summer i.e Erdinc, Gervinho and Gamerio.

Unless of course, you've seen a great deal of him and can tell me otherwise rather than assuming im plucking ideas out of thin air?

Not at all. From what has already been described of him and what i've seen on Youtube, he seems to be a big strong lad who's main attributes are based around his phsyical prescence and aerial ability. Much like Shola and Ba. He's certainly not the type of player we've tracked all summer i.e Erdinc, Gervinho and Gamerio.

Unless of course, you've seen a great deal of him and can tell me otherwise rather than assuming im plucking ideas out of thin air?

The videos on yotube aren't really enough to form any kind of opinion on the type of player he is from what I saw anyway.

Secondly, people on here have already said he also plays on the wing and is quick.

For example ...

Would be pleased with Maïga, he's the kind of player we're going to need this season.

Can play effectively on the left of a front three, alongside another striker, or by himself in a 4-5-1. He's fast, tough and a good finisher. My only concern would be his tendency to go missing in matches, he's quite hit and miss...

NUFC source on twitter saying no bid has been made.

NUFC source?

Claims to be within the club, not saying i believe just repeating what he said.

For those following this @InsiderNUFC guy, he has deleted his earlier tweet about there being no bid and is now saying he's confident it'll happen. Busted.

.com o the ball

PS: United's last transfer dealing with Sochaux saw them acquire Sebastien Bassong after a successful trial in July 2008, selling the defender on to Spurs for a substantial profit barely a year later. 

:lol:

Yven Moyo was signed from Sochaux, Sept 2010.

And Bassong was from Metz...

Guest bimpy474

8m for this guy and 7m for Pieters? Why am I struggling to believe this? :shifty: :lol:

My computer says no :(

Its ok i will wake in a minute from my afternoon snooze, us spending £13m paahahahahahaha :D

Took this from their forum -

Maiga and discomfort Sochaux

In addition to the loss to Caen (1-2) during the second day of Ligue 1, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard lived a restless weekend behind the scenes. Involved, Modibo Maiga's will to sign Newcastle. The co-top scorer last season refused to play to train Saturday and Sunday. And during that time, the players demanded reinforcements.

Fine mess for Mecha Bazdarevic. For the technician Bosnian income in the Doubs this summer, the estate of Francis Gillot is already proving to be a real headache. The momentum of the captured fifth place last year, many young professionals cubs have expressed their desires elsewhere. We knew the case of Marvin Martin, tracked by Arsenal, and has not had his usual radiation during the first two days of championship. Bazdarevic will now have to deal with the ambitions of starting Modibo Maiga. This weekend, the co-Sochaux's top scorer last season (15 goals) has just snubbed the receipt of Caen (1-2), before drying the training on Sunday morning.

The reason? Maïga the details on Monday in the columns of L'Equipe. Former Manceau want to go to Newcastle, which has offered eight million euros in the FCSM, that the club refused. "There are offers that have happened to me, but the president does not want to discuss. I saw him face to face and I took his position very badly. It's like I took a big blow . was the first time I asked something and I find it disrespectful. Why refuse to talk? I think it's selfish. I can not understand regret Maiga, eager to discover the Premier League, and for Sochaux who would not be lost in history. "An offer like this can not refuse. The amounts are important for me and the club. Sochaux will not lose, "says he.

The problem is that Sochaux, who has already sold Ideye Brown for 9 million at Dynamo Kiev, moderately appreciates the way to the Malian striker, who arrived only last year at Le Mans. On his official website, the club issued a statement lashing Sunday, "condemn this unacceptable behavior from a player that he is contractually bound after engaging in summer 2010 for a period of four years (until 'in June 2014). The FCSM consider that this behavior is totally disrespectful to the club, his teammates and his fans. It will not be without consequence or punishment. " The case is far from over.

And the Europa League begins Thursday ...

In the meantime, Bazdarevic must pick up the pieces. "I had the player on the phone this Sunday, it was not good, but I wanted him to give a reason for his behavior. We will be Monday to talk about," says the technician Bosnian in the country. Against Caen, the absence of Maiga was felt on the ground. "The players have lived poorly, and it has been. They took a blow to the face," says Bazdarevic, which has not escaped criticism, especially those coming from Riyadh Boudebouz. The middle Algeria has openly called for a return to a system with two points, and claimed "a couple of reinforcements" to the President.

Saturday, Bazdarevic had in fact not a lot of options and has chosen to align Sloan Privat alone before. It must be said that the old Clermont, returning from a loan convincing League 2 (20 goals), looks good only in attack. Brown has not been replaced (except for Privat), Maiga therefore wants to leave and the young Bakambu dispute is currently with the U20 World Cup Blueberries. So there is not the only Edouard Butin (18 matches, 2 goals last year) as an alternative or alternative. Sochaux and already see its calendar grow heavy with the Europa League, with a displacement Kharkiv on Thursday. Holy month of August ...

Guest taps01

8m for this guy and 7m for Pieters? Why am I struggling to believe this? :shifty: :lol:

Its ok i will wake in a minute from my afternoon snooze, us spending £13m paahahahahahaha :D

Terrible maths

Guest bimpy474

Terrible maths

15m euro = 13m pounds  :shifty:

:snod:

Not sure this is going to happen at all.

From that last article it appears they have actually rejected the 8 million euro bid.

Also as the article says, they did sell ideye Brown already this summer for a similar fee. he too scored around 15 goals for them last season. Probably very reluctant to lose their top two goal scorers.

As ourselves and Arsenal have found this summer, football is all about player power. As soon as player has his head turned and is desperate to leave it is nigh on impossible to keep hold of them. If we really want him it's a case of when rather than if.

point what is of stuff to translate French to

work never seems to not right look

eh?

It was a comment on the complete mass of gibberish we get when an attempt is made to translate from a french newspaper, see further up the thread.

As ourselves and Arsenal have found this summer, football is all about player power. As soon as player has his head turned and is desperate to leave it is nigh on impossible to keep hold of them. If we really want him it's a case of when rather than if.

They'll give him a bit more money and he'll probably stay I reckon.

They've flat out rejected our bid it seems, which is weird because they allowed us to talk to the player.

Looks like they will prbably only allow him to leave for more money.

Ashley doesn't do more money ...