Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

No coincidence that both Pardew and Elliot mentioned the energy thing. It's been evident for years that he peddles the excuses in the dressing room, and they believe him.

Tell them they're tired and they'll be tired.  Robson or Keegan would have had them feeling 10 feet tall and ready to run through brick walls.

“So before most games, we’d end up at the back of the tunnel together, having a chat about what lay ahead and the opponents we were facing. He’d stare at their players.

“He’s s*** scared of you already, that one, son,” he’d say. Or it might be, ‘Get him on the turn today, son, and you’ll kill him.’ Or, ‘Look at him, son, he’s not even fit to be on the same pitch as you.’

“I felt like I was the quickest player going, I felt strong, I felt invincible because of him.

“I am 5ft 6in or 5ft 7in tall but I am telling you this: when I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.”

"When I put that kit on and I was standing in that tunnel with Bobby Robson, I felt like I was Didier Drogba.”

One of my favourite quotes that. Bellamy wasn't the only one, either. Going away to Arsenal at the height of their brilliance 3 days after a tricky home game and taking the game to them and winning. Imagine that happening under this shower of shite.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you expect, man? Without Pardew/Woodman he'd be sitting on the bench at Yeovil Town, at best.

He was first choice at Charlton until he refused to sign a new contract wasn't he? :lol:

What did you expect, man? Without Pardew/Woodman he'd be sitting on the bench at Yeovil Town, at best.

He was first choice at Charlton until he refused to sign a new contract wasn't he? :lol:

Nah we offered them what we thought was fair, eleven pounds.

Guest hatem garrincha

The Charlton bit  :lol:

I proceeded to tell him that we’ve never came back to win a game when trailing at half-time under Pardew. He got aggressive and barked that it was “total lies.” I pushed him on this remark and asked him when was the last time we won from a losing position at half-time? He told me they had done it with Pardew at Charlton!!!