Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He comes across as a nice guy...

@nufcfans: "Once I put him through, he had nothing else to do, he just tapped it in," @the_dilsh jokes about assist for @CissePapiss wonder goal #NUFC

Yeah he really does comes across as a good lad, makes me really want him to do well when given the chance.

He comes across as a nice guy...

@nufcfans: "Once I put him through, he had nothing else to do, he just tapped it in," @the_dilsh jokes about assist for @CissePapiss wonder goal #NUFC

Yeah he really does comes across as a good lad, makes me really want him to do well when given the chance.

Like how he doesn't take himself too seriously... His Twitter profile says it all...

The lad had a good game and looked solid as well as able - his distribution was better than Krul's for most of the game, topped off by that fantastic throw out..!

If he can keep up this standard he will be fine.

Not at all, I'm chuffed with the points but this lad's awfully out of his depth.

Just give him the credit he deserves for today's efforts man, Christ. Were you the one I heard moaning coming out of the round that it should've been 5?

No. I've already said we need to get behind him but we're once again in a position where a player not good enough for this league will get games and cost us. That's all I've got to say on him.

Was not at fault for either of the goals, apparently made some smart saves. What a wanker.

I really fail to see what you think we should be doing to prevent this situation. From what I've seen of him i very much doubt we could attract a better quality keeper to sit on the bench. Spurs are the only club in this league I can think of with backup keepers that are even close to the quality of their number 1.

You didn't see the game and you name calling those who went for expressing their opinions? I'm not the only one being critical of him either. No doubt when you watch your highlights and he costs us points you'll be in here calling him a cunt.

Thought he was fine as game went on. Good save for FK, I thought he positioned himself to far to his right but got across well.

At no fault for the goals and generally did alright - looked better than Harper for me, what exactly were people expecting from a number 2 who hasn't played many games? - even teams like Chelsea, Man City etc don't have great cover in Goalkeeper positions.

Guest icemanblue

Must admit, when I was there, it seemed that the majority of his kicks were shanked. Not terrible, by any means, but not great. However, he did pull off some clever balls forward, rather than aimless hoofs.

Must admit, when I was there, it seemed that the majority of his kicks were shanked. Not terrible, by any means, but not great. However, he did pull off some clever balls forward, rather than aimless hoofs.

Yea a few of the back passes during the first half span a bit high and left. However, with the ball in his hands he always seemed to find a black and white shirt. I was pleased he put in a decent performance, although I had no reason to doubt this, given his performances when he's been called upon in the past.

Guest Rey Mysterio

If you get to games early enough to see the GK warm ups, it's been clear since we signed him the lad has great tekkers with the ball at his feet.

That throw was something else.  Pretty sure my arm would fall off if I tried that

Schmeichel'esque throw that was, its something I always wonder about, it worked so well for Man Ure time & time again Schmeichel launching the ball up field as soon as he has possession of it. Makes counter attack football so much easier if your keeper can throw a ball that far with accuracy.

His kicking was awful.

Dear god.

I really think some people may have missed just how bad Krul's kicking is, Elliot's kicking is miles better even though its not great

Krul's kicking is bad, so Elliot's isn't? How does that work? :lol: