Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Well, I thought Harper had a pretty s*** game vs Everton and looked unfit/out of place. The difference in movement is huge.

The difference between playing in front of 32,000 and playing in front of 4,000 is just as big.  I wouldn't think about playing Elliot on Sunday, if he plays I hope he plays well.

Aye?

Wait till he's played a PL game in which his judgement is tested on every set piece. Always makes me laugh when a keeper makes a few fairly basic saves and is lauded with praise. It's the easy part of the job.

On here, fringe players are either good or bad based on their last performance.

Wait till he's played a PL game in which his judgement is tested on every set piece. Always makes me laugh when a keeper makes a few fairly basic saves and is lauded with praise. It's the easy part of the job.

Which is nothing wrong about, though.

Ronaldo obviously has a point there which I do agree with. But if a fringe player has a good performance in the league after being shit the last months or so, then there is a reason to say he's "good".

Which is nothing wrong about, though.

Ronaldo obviously has a point there which I do agree with. But if a fringe player has a good performance in the league after being s*** the last months or so, then there is a reason to say he's "good".

Ronaldo is right and if Pardew picked the team the way some people on here think we'd probably get relegated because we'd never have a settled side.

I've slated the fuck out of him in the past and I was pleased to see him turn in a good performance. I'm not completely sold but the improvement from the Forest game about a year ago was noticeable.

Woody must have been helping him a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this lad has a decent career with us, or if he gets an opportunity for more first team football does well elsewhere. Really likeable and is starting to show some of his quality. Best of luck to him on his injury

Guest Craig-NUFC

Robert Elliot ‏@the_dilsh

Thanks for everyone's messages means alot,am gutted I only managed 45 mins at st James,highlight of my career and life playing there

Robert Elliot ‏@the_dilsh

Thanks for everyone's messages means alot,am gutted I only managed 45 mins at st James,highlight of my career and life playing there

:thup: really glad he looks to have settled, got a bit of confidence and shown a bit more of what he is capable of.