Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

• 2 weeks later...

How did he get on ? Only heard Radio and brief highlights and sounded to have had a decent game? Woodman in the Chronicle today saying he's gutted to not have been loaned out for regular football and wants to push for a starting place - take paper quotes with a pinch of salt, but would love to see it happen. For now Robs rightly in the team whilst we don't have the luxury of Premier League experienced keepers for choice; but who would you pick should he get injured? Darlow might edge it with his first team experience, but still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Really hate that every single time on corners, he is spending more time pushing a defender in front of him instead of focusing on where the ball is going, we were lucky not to concede at one point due to him doing that.

Love Rob like. Did anyone see that interview a few weeks back where he said regardless of which club he ends up at, Newcastle will always be the home of his family? A bit like Rafa and Liverpool.

Good to have lads like him in and around the first team, of course he's a very solid goalkeeper as well.

Evening, Rob.

Warren lad. Sorry about Shaqiri's goal today, touch of the Stevie Harper flop. I'll be on Longsands the morra with the bairn getting the practice* in.

*Ice cream

Some good saves today and only the one shite kick early doors that I noticed.

A top drawer goalie saves Shaqiri's goal like, but it's not a huge error or owt. Not like the last time he let one in to that fat headed little spenk at the Britannia.