Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Not this "Krul's our best keeper" s**** again. He's finished. Even Benfica are now going for someone else instead. Rafa's clearly realised he's not up to it anymore.

Probably more to do with his wages than his goalkeeping ability

Not this "Krul's our best keeper" s**** again. He's finished. Even Benfica are now going for someone else instead. Rafa's clearly realised he's not up to it anymore.

Have you seen the competition he's up against, it's far from stellar, refuse to believe Krul has fallen so far, he failed at Ajax because he started the season still injured and the stand in took his chance to shine, he wasn't a complete disaster of Twente from all accounts.

Anyway since we are discarding him, not sure what Rafa sees in Elliot above Darlow, I would even give Woodman a chance ahead of this guy.

Have you seen the competition he's up against, it's far from stellar, refuse to believe Krul has fallen so far, he failed at Ajax because he started the season still injured and the stand in took his chance to shine, he wasn't a complete disaster of Twente from all accounts.

Anyway since we are discarding him, not sure what Rafa sees in Elliot above Darlow, I would even give Woodman a chance ahead of this guy.

He was a disaster at AZ though, the club he was playing for.

He was a disaster at AZ though, the club he was playing for.

So my point was true he wasn't a disaster for Twente :) Seriously though, that AZ loan was not as bad as you are making out.

Gotta love WhoScored at times. Krul's only strength listed is 'long passing'. 'fuck outta here.

Unfortunately Rafa is one of the few people that knows what's going on with Krul. Find it hard to believe he's any worse than Elliot, mind.

I think Elliot is massively underrated on here. He's not a great keeper but he's the best that we currently have.

Talking about Krul 'pre injury' is worthless, he's toilet now and he has been for some time.

I still think Krul is the best of a bad bunch.  However, bar Woodman, who has potential by all accounts.  We have a load of Championship level keepers.

I think Elliot is massively underrated on here. He's not a great keeper but he's the best that we currently have.

Talking about Krul 'pre injury' is worthless, he's toilet now and he has been for some time.

Agree. Krul's dead, the Elliott hate is weirder than the Colback hate. All based on slagging off a player who didn't bother his arse in training.

Ideally we'd be bringing in a proper replacement, but fat cunt tells us we're skint.

Agree. Krul's dead, the Elliott hate is weirder than the Colback hate. All based on shagging off a player who didn't bother his arse in training.

Ideally we'd be bringing in a proper replacement, but fat c*** tells us we're skint.

Not at all, it's based on seeing him "perform" in goal for us too bloody often. He's a poor keeper and certainly not PL quality, yet he's now our number 1.

I'm not sure who he was allegedly 'shagging' off.  But my dislike (not hatred of him as a person) of his ability is to do with how utterly pathetic he is at 1 on 1's and him going down slower than a mortgage.  He makes Stevie Harper look fast. 

Guest firetotheworks

Agree. Krul's dead, the Elliott hate is weirder than the Colback hate. All based on shagging off a player who didn't bother his arse in training.

Ideally we'd be bringing in a proper replacement, but fat cunt tells us we're skint.

Well fucking riddle me this. The dude who slags off Ben Arfa as a fat mess finds the dislike for our fat, rubbish goalkeeper who lauded Pardew and insisted that mid-table is Newcastle's level forever, weird.  :lol:

I don't even really hate Elliot fwiw, but I'd love for us to get someone better in. I just find that to be such a weird double standard.

he may have got #1 cos he asked for it, or they had some kind of competition.

They decided the numbers last year on shoot outs. That's why Major Lazaar got #7 ahead of Catsu.

Probably got it because he's currently our best keeper and Rafa will select him from those available like.

pretty much