Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

How fucking long does this fat orange cunt want to take over goal kicks when we're drawing against Bournemouth at home? Was infuriating.

As a reminder, this is what I posted [emoji38]

No blaming him for the loss, no saying he or it were our biggest problem, just an observation that in a situation where the onus is on us to attack and open them up, he was hanging on to the ball at goal kicks like we were 1 up at the Nou Camp.

He's fucking rubbish. Too small, too slow. Had me fucking screaming today to deliver quicker. Waited til every player was back in position before releasing it. Fucking twat.

It's probably a Rafa instruction - which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!!

Guest neesy111

No one is denying that our main concern is down the other end of the pitch. But in the Rob Elliot thread people are going to comment on what they think about Rob Elliot

He's ok. Nothing more, nothing less. The ott criticism on here is just weird and not repeated anywhere else to my Knowledge, certainly not inside the ground or on Twitter etc.

That's weird as I found plenty of that today.  Funny that...

He's an average-below average keeper. It can be seen why Rafa wanted a GK in the summer, once again he was shafted. Elliot is ok for the time being but long term we need an upgrade there. Short term, we need better options up top. Simple.

How f***ing long does this fat orange c*** want to take over goal kicks when we're drawing against Bournemouth at home? Was infuriating.

No blaming him for the loss, no saying he or it were our biggest problem, just an observation that in a situation where the onus is on us to attack and open them up, he was hanging on to the ball at goal kicks like we were 1 up at the Nou Camp.

"Fat Orange Cunt"?

No need for it man. Just comes across snidey.

How f***ing long does this fat orange c*** want to take over goal kicks when we're drawing against Bournemouth at home? Was infuriating.

"Fat Orange Cunt"?

Nah, I'm not going to apologise for childish insults of footballers on a football board [emoji38]

"Fat Orange c***"?

Nah, I'm not going to apologise for childish insults of footballers on a football board [emoji38]

Been a few Toon players down the years, who've deserved some crude insults and anger.

I just don't see it with Elliot. He's just average. Nothing more, nothing less.

If we had Begovic and Bournemouth had Elliot we would had won this game.  A quality keeper makes all the difference and Elliot is not one.  His distribution is awful.

See? The blob will never get a game that is free from criticism.  Fucking hell.

I find it laughable, when posters are calling Elliot s***.

s*** would mean he makes mistakes all the time, and we've conceded 20 goals this season. That's not the case.

He's clearly not s***, he's average. He's not costing us any points, he makes some decent saves but of course, he does have flaws.

Our front 2 have scored 3 goals all season FFS. That is the big f***ing problem here.

That second line is the problem which is why he gets away with murder. Just because he doesn't seem to fumble things or drop crosses, etc regularly, it doesn't make him good. Joselu doesn't make mistakes in the sense of the word, but he's still not very good.

If we had Begovic and Bournemouth had Elliot we would had won this game.  A quality keeper makes all the difference and Elliot is not one.  His distribution is awful.

No we wouldn't.

Begovic for the price of Murphy  :dave:

No we wouldn't.

Well we would have probably been at least 1-0 up early in the first half - would certainly have been a different game.

I find it laughable, when posters are calling Elliot s***.

s*** would mean he makes mistakes all the time, and we've conceded 20 goals this season. That's not the case.

He's clearly not s***, he's average. He's not costing us any points, he makes some decent saves but of course, he does have flaws.

Our front 2 have scored 3 goals all season FFS. That is the big f***ing problem here.

That second line is the problem which is why he gets away with murder. Just because he doesn't seem to fumble things or drop crosses, etc regularly, it doesn't make him good. Joselu doesn't make mistakes in the sense of the word, but he's still not very good.

Nobody has said he’s good. 

It's blatantly obvious to me that Rafa is telling him to take his time with his distribution, in the same way that all the outfield players take their time with evrrything they do. It's certainly not unique to him. People need to get over the fact that he's an average goalie that happened to be Pardew's mate.

Begovic's save for Ritchie's first shot was incredible.

Begovic is a quality keeper and he is exactly what we need - Bournemouth would have been buried without him. That save was brilliant and the one from Atsu.  For Bournemouth's goal I personally think Elliot should have come out to claim the ball but he didn't move.  He's a championship keeper at best.

Guest neesy111

Begovic's save for Ritchie's first shot was incredible.

Begovic is a quality keeper and he is exactly what we need - Bournemouth would have been buried without him. That save was brilliant and the one from Atsu.  For Bournemouth's goal I personally think Elliot should have come out to claim the ball but he didn't move.  He's a championship keeper at best.

His command of 6 yard box is terrible so many corners which should be the GK's and he doesn't come for them.

It's blatantly obvious to me that Rafa is telling him to take his time with his distribution, in the same way that all the outfield players take their time with evrrything they do. It's certainly not unique to him. People need to get over the fact that he's an average goalie that happened to be Pardew's mate.

You think Rafa would tell a keeper to take his time over a goal kick when we are behind with hardly any time left? Why?

I’d imagine its more to do with Elliot being aware his distribution is poor and trying to take his time and get it right. Aware of his own limitations and trying to ensure he doesn’t make a mistake. You see where defenders close him down, his distribution is much worse when he is rushed.

I’d rather him take 3 seconds longer and distribute the ball slightly better, than rush it make a mistake when he tries to release Perez on the halfway line, who will undoubtably fall over anyway when someone in Level 7 sneezes.