Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Poster boy for the Ashley-Pardew axis of evil. Cheap, shit, available and willing to spew out whatever he was told to. Sums up the era nicely, 9 years on the payroll, contributed fuck all, no ambition other than "it'll do". He did. Now he's gone. He can fuck clean off back into the obscurity from whence he came. I'd call him a piece of shit but he's not significant enough to warrant it.

Poster boy for the Ashley-Pardew axis of evil. Cheap, shit, available and willing to spew out whatever he was told to. Sums up the era nicely, 9 years on the payroll, contributed fuck all, no ambition other than "it'll do". He did. Now he's gone. He can fuck clean off back into the obscurity from whence he came. I'd call him a piece of shit but he's not significant enough to warrant it.

Well said  :clap:

Guest neesy111

Poster boy for the Ashley-Pardew axis of evil. Cheap, s***, available and willing to spew out whatever he was told to. Sums up the era nicely, 9 years on the payroll, contributed f*** all, no ambition other than "it'll do". He did. Now he's gone. He can f*** clean off back into the obscurity from whence he came. I'd call him a piece of s*** but he's not significant enough to warrant it.

Midds 100% spot on as usual.

Guest neesy111

Didn’t he come out with some absolute drivel in defence of The King to someone on here too? Slating Ben Arfa too iirc. Absolute fucking cheek. [emoji38]

Yes to TheGuv[/member]

Mad how much people hate him like.  :lol:

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

He really wasn't bad at short range shot stopping IMO.

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

He actually produced one of the best NUFC goalkeeping performances of the last 10 years or so, away at Bournemouth when we absolutely stole a 1-0 with Perez scoring. Not quite Krul at Spurs but certainly one of the best I can remember.

Obviously not PL-quality overall mind, but then how many third-choice PL keepers are?

More to do with the off the field stuff.

He was a bit of a cult hero, at least with the Twitter crowd before he started spouting his pro-Pardew nonsense to fans.

I'm not saying I loved the guy or owt, the Pardew bum licking was a bit embarrassing, but plenty of people suck up to their bosses in life. Happens all the time. But I certaintly don't hate him.

I look at signings, in the sense did they benefit the club? How much did they cost? What were we paying them?

We've had much worst signings that Rob Elliot like. Much worse.

He was a third choice keeper, sometimes second choice, who'd make 3 saves a game. I don't remember him making mistake after mistake like.

Just noticed this.  :lol: :lol:

You talk some absolute drivel you mind. Too much hate in your heart. Spent too much time on RTG lad.

pardew arselicker. He can fuck right off. Same basket as wise, rio ferdinand etc for me just with a lower profile. For sure we have signed worse but it's not about his talent as a player, it's about his love of that disgraceful stain on our managerial history. Glad to see the back of him.

Didn’t he come out with some absolute drivel in defence of The King to someone on here too? Slating Ben Arfa too iirc. Absolute fucking cheek. [emoji38]

Yes to TheGuv[/member]

That article is so badly written :lol:

You can tell it was written immediately after waking up after the night out (in my first year at Uni).

I got quite a lot of hate for that article on Twitter by the Pards brigade. Rob Elliot also said he would be speaking to his lawyers as it ‘was libellous’.

I do remember the conversation vividly however and it’s all true. I’ve never liked him since (I barely did beforehand tbf).

Midds is 100% spot on. He’s a shite ‘keeper who stole a living for near on a decade.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine messaged me yesterday talking about Elliot and the article I wrote. He then went onto say how his family company (who fit marble worktops in kitchens) went round to Elliot’s house to give him a quote. Elliot refused to pay full price and expected a discount as he played for Newcastle.

So it turns out he’s a tight twat n’all.

The antithesis to Ayoze Perez. One is adulated, one is despised. Classic Donnay Army.

Pretty confident nobody adulates Rob Elliot or despises Ayoze Perez.

Was always amazed by the level of intense fewm a backup GK could inspire. Wonder if Arsenal fans are still frothing at the mouth at the very memory of Alex Manninger.

The antithesis to Ayoze Perez. One is adulated, one is despised. Classic Donnay Army.

Pretty confident nobody adulates Rob Elliot or despises Ayoze Perez.

Was always amazed by the level of intense fewm a backup GK could inspire. Wonder if Arsenal fans are still frothing at the mouth at the very memory of Alex Manninger.

To be honest, it all comes down to the fact people associate him with Pardew/Ashley. Understandable to a degree, but once you're cemented in that bracket, you're forever despised on here.