Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Comical he's been at the club for almost 8 years now.

He's proved himself as an okay backup imo like. Not good enough for the first team but its rare that youre going to have two premier league standard keepers where one is happy to sit on the bench. He's better than Darlow and Selz for me.

Comical he's been at the club for almost 8 years now.

He's proved himself as an okay backup imo like. Not good enough for the first team but its rare that youre going to have two premier league standard keepers where one is happy to sit on the bench. He's better than Darlow and Selz for me.

Agree. Even remember people having him down as player of the year a few seasons back.

He'll be here until his contract runs out. He's settled and has outside business interests in the region. I mean granted he could run them away from the North-East. Another canny person that probably is playing above his level, but really isn't given how average (at best) Newcastle have been over the last decade.

He's hardly outrageously punching being our third choice either, I mean Chelsea have Rob Green ffs. :lol:

Comical that he was anywhere near starting last year, but since Dubravka came in he's perfectly serviceable in his current squad role.

• 6 months later...
Guest Yerdas El Savon

As far as third keepers go you could do a lot worse.

He’s probably one the best in the league.

Guest neesy111

As far as third keepers go you could do a lot worse.

He’s probably one the best in the league.

Hi Mike.