Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I didn't say either were very good...

There are times where Darlow would have done better than Elliot and vice versa. No need to be clever dicks.

There's nowt to choose between Elliott and Darlow tbh, they just have different weaknesses.

Exactly.

Nah. If Darlow wasn't prone to throwing it in his own net a few times a season he would be comfortable the better 'keeper.

As things are they are both operating about the same level with different weaknesses.

Nah Elliot doesn't let in significantly weaker efforts than Darlow. Darlow's no more better at commanding his box. No more better at kicking.

It's not a few times a season. He was directly at fault for multiple goals in the games he started this season. And he also let in some questoinable efforts.

Not that I disagree fully, but I've always found Elliot allows shots that seem fairly routine saves look like worldies, or pushes them back into a dangerous position.

Elliot doesn't make high profile howlers but routinely lets in shots an average Premier League 'keeper should be stopping. He is constantly rooted to his line as well - which causes us all sorts of trouble - mind Darlow can sometimes be guilty of the same.

They operate at a very similar level, which is why neither of them has really nailed down the position as their own.

Hopefully only a few weeks until we have a new 'keeper.

Guest neesy111

Elliot doesn't make high profile howlers but routinely lets in shots an average Premier League 'keeper should be stopping. He is constantly rooted to his line as well - which causes us all sorts of trouble - mind Darlow can sometimes be guilty of the same.

They operate at a very similar level, which is why neither of them has really nailed down the position as their own.

Hopefully only a few weeks until we have a new 'keeper.

Spot on.

• 3 months later...

Elliot made atleast 3 high profile howlers in the season we went down like. Cleverly, Shaquiri and Willian (I think?)

The Willian cross free kick that went straight in was Timmy. Unless Elliot conceded a howler to him in the reverse fixture  :lol:

Elliot made atleast 3 high profile howlers in the season we went down like. Cleverly, Shaquiri and Willian (I think?)

The Willian cross free kick that went straight in was Timmy. Unless Elliot conceded a howler to him in the reverse fixture  :lol:

I'm on about the one where he was beaten by Costa (I think) to a ball that he had about a 10 yard advantage on. It might not have been Willian who scored like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

“I thought some of the stuff last year about being desperate for a new goalkeeper was a bit harsh,” said the 32-year-old. “I didn’t think my performances warranted that. I wouldn’t say I was chucking goals in or anything like that, but sometimes you have to deal with that and make sure you come back stronger.

Doesn't seem to understand there's a lot more to goalkeeping than not chucking it in your own net. The difference Dubravka made was huge.

He's also seemingly missed the part where he is injured for an extended period at some point every season. Only useful as a 3rd choice.

He's also seemingly missed the part where he is injured for an extended period at some point every season. Only useful as a 3rd choice.

Also, the club doesn't have to waste water, because when Blob goes in the player pool after practice the water level is perfect.