Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Sorry if already asked, but does anybody know who the bloke was from the backroom staff, who ran over and threw his shirt in the away end?  Seemed good pals with Barton, was pretty funny seeing him sprint over to the fans  :lol:

Ex SAFC massieur. Now working for NUFC. i POSTED IT ON HERE YESTERDAY EENING BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH THREAD THE LINKS ON.

Caps fuck it if i'm typing it again

I know that football fans wear rose tinted glasses at the best of times, but that match review is one of the worst I have ever seen. Pretty pathetic. Looked 50/50 surely thats a piss take. The ref actually got it wrong, it should be a straight red not a 2nd yellow.

Despite the cheating, fouling and poor decisions from the officials, we still beat them. That must be hard to take like.

I don't blame them for trying to find excuses, most would but we all know the truth.

Guest CheickMansour

:lol:

I'm genuinely worried for Bruce, his health can't be good.

Aye, same. Swear he's going to have a stroke soon or something, the colour of his face was absolutely terrible.  :undecided:

Sorry if already asked, but does anybody know who the bloke was from the backroom staff, who ran over and threw his shirt in the away end?  Seemed good pals with Barton, was pretty funny seeing him sprint over to the fans  :lol:

Ex SAFC massieur. Now working for NUFC. i POSTED IT ON HERE YESTERDAY EENING BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH THREAD THE LINKS ON.

Caps f*** it if i'm typing it again

"Micky (Holland) our masseur, he has worked at Sunderland and has Newcastle tattoos everywhere – those people, I understand it more from them than anyone else.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/22/alan-pardew-dedicates-triumph-to-the-toon-army-61634-29278571/

Guest BooBoo

NUFC have got seriously under Bruce's skin. The 5-1 was bad enough but I think the Daydream Believer stuff really pissed him off. In fairness any man would have pushed to breaking point by such mass goading. Twice now in his own back yard he's had a chance to put the record straight and twice he's made an absolute arse of it and himself with the "we have a song lined up for revenge!" and then "we'll do the chicken dance for revenge."

Its an awful long time until March and I don't think Bruce will still be in charge come then. If not, then what trilogy! Whatever he does in his career he'll carry the carcass of these Sunderland performances around till he retires.

NUFC have got seriously under Bruce's skin. The 5-1 was bad enough but I think the Daydream Believer stuff really pissed him off. In fairness any man would have pushed to breaking point by such mass goading. Twice now in his own back yard he's had a chance to put the record straight and twice he's made an absolute arse of it and himself with the "we have a song lined up for revenge!" and then "we'll do the chicken dance for revenge."

Its an awful long time until March and I don't think Bruce will still be in charge come then. If not, then what trilogy! Whatever he does in his career he'll carry the carcass of these Sunderland performances around till he retires.

Totally agree. Deserves all he gets for being a fat turncoat cunt though.

I know that football fans wear rose tinted glasses at the best of times, but that match review is one of the worst I have ever seen. Pretty pathetic. Looked 50/50 surely thats a p*ss take. The ref actually got it wrong, it should be a straight red not a 2nd yellow.

By the laws of the game if a player already has a yellow he can't then get a straight red, it has to be yellow followed by red. Regardless of the infringement.

I know that football fans wear rose tinted glasses at the best of times, but that match review is one of the worst I have ever seen. Pretty pathetic. Looked 50/50 surely thats a p*ss take. The ref actually got it wrong, it should be a straight red not a 2nd yellow.

By the laws of the game if a player already has a yellow he can't then get a straight red, it has to be yellow followed by red. Regardless of the infringement.

You what? That surely can't be right.

Guest taps01

Thats not right.

lolwhatno

That's complete bollocks......Referees can give either depending on the circumstances.  Yellow and Red cards have a completely different set of reasons for being issued. 

Plus, there is a big difference in the disciplinary outcome of a second yellow or a straight red.  ( I think second yellow are a 1-game ban, and straight Red are a 3-game ban in the Premier League).