L'Equipe: Newcastle prepare bids for Hoarau & Roux if Maiga doesn't sign....

Optimistic Nut

Roux sounds more like the kind of signing we're likely to make, both from a Fat Ashley point of view (good potential re-sale value in the future) and a team point of view ("Possesses great speed and positioning", to quote above).

Is Maiga the same sort of player as Roux?  Given his height he seemed more like a target man.

if we're just going on height Roux looks bigger to be honest

Maiga is a bit taller. And I would say Maiga is more like Roux than a target man, without really likening them more than that. Although being a good header, he posseses good speed, has a high workrate and can strike a ball.

:ilikeitwhenyoureinsideme:

Roux sounds more like the kind of signing we're likely to make, both from a Fat Ashley point of view (good potential re-sale value in the future) and a team point of view ("Possesses great speed and positioning", to quote above).

Is Maiga the same sort of player as Roux?  Given his height he seemed more like a target man.

if we're just going on height Roux looks bigger to be honest

Maiga is a bit taller. And I would say Maiga is more like Roux than a target man, without really likening them more than that. Although being a good header, he posseses good speed, has a high workrate and can strike a ball.

:ilikeitwhenyoureinsideme:

I answered a question.

Saw PSG vs Lorient a few weeks ago, and Hoarau was absolutely hopeless, and was booed off by the fans, then got a 3/10 in the local paper for his performance

No idea about his performances since that game

Finally the Roux links! After a summer of me going on about him there's finally talk! To be honest, I think he's better than Maiga and he has a great future in the game. Would be very happy to sign him. Hoarau is really good, but just not what we need and he's closer to the PSG team than Erdinc was so I doubt he'd be interested yet.

Why on earth would Brest offering us one of their best players?

Something to get off their chest

Why on earth would Brest offer us one of their best players?

Because they're complete tits?

:lol:

They're just milking it now tbh

Why on earth would Brest offer us one of their best players?

He wants to leave for one. Something with his contract? Who knows. We are giving away one of ours.

Wants to leave + they're skint + supposedly has a release clause.

Sounds like a plan.

Saw PSG vs Lorient a few weeks ago, and Hoarau was absolutely hopeless, and was booed off by the fans, then got a 3/10 in the local paper for his performance

No idea about his performances since that game

Different sections of the crowd at PSG regularly boo a number players when they come on/go off, nothing new. They were all hopeless against Lorient, think Hoarau is carrying an injury at the minute, played against Rennes but didn't play in the win over Valenciennes.

Maiga > Hoarau > Roux

At this moment in time...

Knew that's where the facepalm originated from. You reckon we need another big target man. Good for you.

Pull yourself together, you wet lettuce.

What  :lol: