L'Equipe: Newcastle prepare bids for Hoarau & Roux if Maiga doesn't sign....

Optimistic Nut

Guest Mantis

I think it's safe to say we're now panicking.

Was it ever in doubt? Now shitting themselves and wondering why they didn't do any scouting outside France. I fully expect to see us dredging the out of contract list come next Thursday.

Maybe the 'do a Swansea', they have to accept the release clause offer.. but they don't.

Could be 8M just to talk to him, expensive conversation that

Both are good, but very different strikers.

It would be inaccurate to compare Roux to Gameiro, I think he resembles Torres - especially in terms of his movement and shooting ability. I don't watch many Brest games, but from what I've seen, he looks a cracking prospect... but that is still what he is, a prospect. I watched the U-21 game against Croatia back in March and he was fantastic.  

Looking at Hoarau you'd assume he is a target man. He is quite similar to Carew in the sense that he will win balls in the air, but he's excellent with the ball at his feet. He's a good player, but doesn't score enough goals imo. Can't see why PSG would want to sell him though.

from a bit of dennis wise scouting roux looks good like. there's all sorts of different goals there, 1 on 1's, shots from distance, bits of skill to make a yard, finishes with left and right (the one for france on his left is a particularly good finish) and looks to run off the shoulder.

buy him please.

Guest MrSundlofer

Both are good, but very different strikers.

It would be inaccurate to compare Roux to Gameiro, I think he resembles Torres - especially in terms of his movement and shooting ability. I don't watch many Brest games, but from what I've seen, he looks a cracking prospect... but that is still what he is, a prospect. I watched the U-21 game against Croatia back in March and he was fantastic. 

When you read on Wikipedia that he had played one game for France U21 vs Croatia U21 you where correct it was back in March... But not really, it was in 2010...

Better luck next time!

O0

No doubt we'll get the old speil about not "Allowing ourselves to be held to ransom" even though it's entirely by our own making that we've put ourselves in a position where we can be quite easily held to ransom and any club run by someone whose brains are not in their moobs will quite rightly do so.

how can someone possibly know whether we are "preparing" a bid

all nonsense

What does preparing a bid entail, checking the ink in your pen for when you write the cheque