Scunthorpe 1 - 2 Newcastle (AET - CC) - 25/08/11 - post-match reaction from pg66

Dave

Good old cup tie albeit refereed by an idiot who looked like he was straight from the Gateshead Sunday league.

I'd agree. You expect the lower league side to get the rub of the decisions in that sort of game, but the failure to award the penalty was ridiculous. Even Mr Super cool Pardew lost his marbles. It was a very obvious shove in the back and the ref lacked the nerve to give it.

Which of our players celebrated Sammy's goal by repeatedly spanking his arse?!

Think it was Cabaye.

It's good how Carver always makes sure the players appluad the fans at the end, nice touch.

Makes a change seeing the majority of them come over.  Sounds petty, but I used to get so wound up at away games when players like Duff, Owen, Geremi etc used to just trudge off without even acknowleding the away support  :angry:

Good old cup tie albeit refereed by an idiot who looked like he was straight from the Gateshead Sunday league.

I'd agree. You expect the lower league side to get the rub of the decisions in that sort of game, but the failure to award the penalty was ridiculous. Even Mr Super cool Pardew lost his marbles. It was a very obvious shove in the back and the ref lacked the nerve to give it.

The pen decision and the consistency of dishing out yellows were mad.  S.Taylor and Cabaye were both booked, both a bit harsh IMO, but understandable.  Saw far worse tackles on Raylor and Marveaux go unpunished.

Which of our players celebrated Sammy's goal by repeatedly spanking his arse?!

Think it was Cabaye.

It's good how Carver always makes sure the players appluad the fans at the end, nice touch.

Makes a change seeing the majority of them come over.  Sounds petty, but I used to get so wound up at away games when players like Duff, Owen, Geremi etc used to just trudge off without even acknowleding the away support  :angry:

Aye but then they get accused of being happy clappers like Stevie Taylor, can't win really can they.

Guest michaelfoster

Great result in the end. Shitting it for extended periods! Toon Army was fantastic!

Krul            - 8 - Excellent saves and command of his area. Kicking needs work

Simpson    - 3 - Shocking. In the literal sense of the word

Coloccini    - 8 - Captain's performance. Went to sleep in a couple of instances. He recovered well and it didn't cost us

S Taylor    - 9 - Thought he was absolutely outstanding when he came on. Mopped up literally every single ball that came his way. Drove the team forward

R Taylor    - 6 - Beautiful goal again. Clearly not an answer to LB issues

Loven        - 5 - Why on earth is he on the right side of midfield? Missed a few sitters

Gosling      - 7 - Put himself about the pitch. Needs to play more competitive matches. Unlucky not to have more goalscoring chances. Got forward well a la Nolan

Cabaye      - 8 - Here, there, every f***ing where! Great to see him well up for the new challenge. Seems to have taken well to his new club

Marveaux  - 7 - Bright in spells. Some lovely deft touches. Needs games

Best          - 7 - Toiled up front and should have scored. Not bad

Ba            - 4 - Apart from a few nice touches early on, offered nothing

Ameobi    - 9 - Done the lot. Seems to have a knack for end-product. Plays with wonderful drive and enthusiasm. Belter of a goal. Long may it continue

Vuckic      - 8 - Full of running. Looks like a proper footballer. Intelligent and determined to do well

Phew!  :clap:

Generous for Colo, was his poor clearance that eventually cost us the goal, agree more with Jonny Hall re Colo

What was the third line of the following song from last night (new words for the 1-0 down, 4-1 up song) - first two lines maybe the wrong way round.

We scored one

They scored none

??

And Bardsley's gone

It actually wasn't a penalty, but you see them given for that so often that I'm annoyed we didn't get it.

The bookings were stupid, Cabaye's was nothing and they had a few challenges that deserved cards.

Why wasn't it a penalty?

I don't understand why some people seem to think Colo had a bad game, he's was steady, and one of the few players that didn't s*** himself when he had the ball at his feet.

Aye wasn't his magnificent best but don't think people realise just how often he bails us out at the back.

Guest michaelfoster

What was the third line of the following song from last night (new words for the 1-0 down, 4-1 up song) - first two lines maybe the wrong way round.

We scored one

They scored none

??

And Bardsley's gone

from what ive read on here

We scored one

They scored none

88 minutes

And Bardsley's gone

with a nick nack paddy wack etc....

We scored one

They scored none

??

And Bardsley's gone

from what ive read on here

We scored one

They scored none

88 minutes

And Bardsley's gone

with a nick nack paddy wack etc....

Thanks - couldn't make it out at all.

It actually wasn't a penalty, but you see them given for that so often that I'm annoyed we didn't get it.

The bookings were stupid, Cabaye's was nothing and they had a few challenges that deserved cards.

How?

Great result in the end. Shitting it for extended periods! Toon Army was fantastic!

Krul            - 8 - Excellent saves and command of his area. Kicking needs work

Simpson    - 3 - Shocking. In the literal sense of the word

Coloccini    - 8 - Captain's performance. Went to sleep in a couple of instances. He recovered well and it didn't cost us

S Taylor    - 9 - Thought he was absolutely outstanding when he came on. Mopped up literally every single ball that came his way. Drove the team forward

R Taylor    - 6 - Beautiful goal again. Clearly not an answer to LB issues

Loven        - 5 - Why on earth is he on the right side of midfield? Missed a few sitters

Gosling      - 7 - Put himself about the pitch. Needs to play more competitive matches. Unlucky not to have more goalscoring chances. Got forward well a la Nolan

Cabaye      - 8 - Here, there, every f***ing where! Great to see him well up for the new challenge. Seems to have taken well to his new club

Marveaux  - 7 - Bright in spells. Some lovely deft touches. Needs games

Best          - 7 - Toiled up front and should have scored. Not bad

Ba            - 4 - Apart from a few nice touches early on, offered nothing

Ameobi    - 9 - Done the lot. Seems to have a knack for end-product. Plays with wonderful drive and enthusiasm. Belter of a goal. Long may it continue

Vuckic      - 8 - Full of running. Looks like a proper footballer. Intelligent and determined to do well

Phew!  :clap:

Generous for Colo, was his poor clearance that eventually cost us the goal, agree more with Jonny Hall re Colo

Very generous, I'd say. It was a very physical encounter and it looked like he wasn't relishing it. He produced some good interceptions as usual, but it wasn't his night.

And it was anything but a captain's performance. The back four looked disorganised.

How?

IMO he hardly touched Taylor and he went down looking for a penalty. I hate to see those given, it's basically a penalty for running behind you opponent.

Still, they are usually given so as I said we probably should have had it.

How?

IMO he hardly touched Taylor and he went down looking for a penalty. I hate to see those given, it's basically a penalty for running behind you opponent.

Still, they are usually given so as I said we probably should have had it.

There's a reason you're coached to get between the ball and the defender once you're past them, because if they touch you with their feet or grab you with their arms it's a free kick/penalty. I agree there wasnt a lot of contact but the lad put his arms on taylor, penalty all day imo.