Newcastle United 2 - 1 Fulham - 28/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 48

Dave

The low attendance was obvious from the TV pictures, a massive gap in the Milburn. By the way, what the hell have they done to the dugouts?

what value would the club have if he pissed all the fans off?

If we don't make a couple of signings before the deadline I think he'll struggle to get those fans back. Everyone's cash is precious, if he wants best value for his money so do the fans.

Guest WashyGeordie

I can't believe how low the attendance was today. It makes you wonder just how many people are getting fed up of this regime and packing it in.

Orrr... maybe it was to do with increasing the away fans allocation to 4k and not having any general sale when Fulham can only muster up about 480 fans (Ryder said)...

308604_10150345003945266_612965265_10085556_4591171_n.jpg

The low attendance was obvious from the TV pictures, a massive gap in the Milburn. By the way, what the hell have they done to the dugouts?

what value would the club have if he pissed all the fans off?

If we don't make a couple of signings before the deadline I think he'll struggle to get those fans back. Everyone's cash is precious, if he wants best value for his money so do the fans.

what business can afford to lose 20% of its customers and not be concerned?

Fulham were poor today, but Dempsey would be a good target for us if we were interested in replacing Barton or signing anyone at all who wasnt free/french.

I thought Fulham passed us off the park and made life very uncomfortable for us and if it weren't for Tim Krul would have scored at least 4 goals.

Love the mentality of putting temporary Sports Direct advertising up next to the away fans btw. Under what circumstances would the cameras be trained up there? Oh yeah, if we concede. :lol:

Never one to miss an opportunity the fat cunt.

I can't believe how low the attendance was today. It makes you wonder just how many people are getting fed up of this regime and packing it in.

Orrr... maybe it was to do with increasing the away fans allocation to 4k and not having any general sale when Fulham can only muster up about 480 fans (Ryder said)...

I thought we had to extend the away end?

Guest WashyGeordie

I thought we had to extend the away end?

Dunno, did we? Man Utd, Liverpool and the likes still have 3k so i just thought it was down to us?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So most of the team was decent but Simpson and Lovenkrands were terrible?  How familiar.

I thought Simpson was better than usual, seemed far more confident getting forward than usual. Usually scared of being caught out of position.

Guest WashyGeordie

Fulham were poor today, but Dempsey would be a good target for us if we were interested in replacing Barton or signing anyone at all who wasnt free/french.

I thought Fulham passed us off the park and made life very uncomfortable for us and if it weren't for Tim Krul would have scored at least 4 goals.

Fulham dominated for the first 20 mins and the last 10. The rest of the game we were in control really, and could have had a couple more ourselves.

Honestly, I thought (apart from the first 20 mins and the lack of cutting edge) it was a pleasing performance. We got the ball down, passed it around, and there wasn't too much "hoofing" as we'd seen in previous games.

Obviously Krul saved us on a couple of occasions but overall I thought we deserved the win.

Agreed.

Was it just me or did the linesman/referee in the last 10 mins or so, seemed biased as fuck?

So most of the team was decent but Simpson and Lovenkrands were terrible?  How familiar.

think people are a little bit harsh on Simpson, he had a decent game. Didnt do much wrong, would say it was a 6.5 performance from him. Løvenkrands was the only one in the starting lineup that was shit imo. Think Tiote was also below pair today.

Atmosphere today was appalling at times, very quiet.  When a big set of away fans come to SJP for a Saturday 3pm it will be awful just hearing them sing all match.  Animosity between home fines in SE corner of those wanting to sing/stand and others wanting to spectate/sit was also apparent in my opinion, perhaps this is what Ashley wants...

As for the match, bad first half, not much better second and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us.  Had Fulham scored in the first half I couldn't see us fighting back, and I am very surprised they didn't manage to! The space some of their players had today was dreadful, and Colo whilst one of our better players would press their midfield with no one filling his CB position, leaving STaylor with 2 men and RTaylor needing to come in to cover Colo.

Guest WashyGeordie

Atmosphere today was appalling at times, very quiet.  When a big set of away fans come to SJP for a Saturday 3pm it will be awful just hearing them sing all match.  Animosity between home fines in SE corner of those wanting to sing/stand and others wanting to spectate/sit was also apparent in my opinion, perhaps this is what Ashley wants...

As for the match, bad first half, not much better second and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us.  Had Fulham scored in the first half I couldn't see us fighting back, and I am very surprised they didn't manage to! The space some of their players had today was dreadful, and Colo whilst one of our better players would press their midfield with no one filling his CB position, leaving STaylor with 2 men and RTaylor needing to come in to cover Colo.

Didn't think it was as bad as your making out both fans and performance (imo) and it was definately better than the Arsenal game.

Keep on, keepin' on.

1st half was pathetic, besides the last 5 minutes. Fulham raped us in possession, but since they are s***, they didn't take advantage of it. Also our defensive unit looks like football players nowadays. And 3 points is all we need.

Krul 8 - Top saves throughout, sloppy on one occasion.

Simpson 5 - Good going forward, but s*** at defending, and he had a shitload of passes gone missing today. Crosses went into the box though.

Saylor 7 - Good performance, getting better at suddenly not being s*** on three or four occasions during a game. Great strength.

Colo 8 - Like a boss.

Raylor 6 - Mostly average stuff going on, but he has a very decent right foot. Swap with Danny on LB and get this f***ing Dutchman on a plane.

Obertan 6 - Running brilliantly down the flank at times, but tends to be out of ideas. Much better than last game though, and he can defend.

Cabaye 7 - Put on a show. Great long range shots and tidy passing. Also a very good tackler. Promising stuff.

Tiote 6 - I'm his biggest fan, but that first half was horrible. Got better as the game went on though, and intercepted perfectly a couple of times in the 2nd half. Covers huge areas.

Jonas 7 - Not that s*** in the 1st half like most of the team, and great in the 2nd. Has an immense engine, and is finding team mates with his passes/crosses more than usual. Tireless.

Best 8 - Showing some great technique and calmness. Also took his goals well. Has to be miles in front of Shola.

Løvenkrands 4 - Quite hopeless, but not beyond s***. He's not contributing, and can't offer anything on this level. Just running around like a deer and comically "tackling" players. Get rid.

Ba 6 - Decent. Tasty shot that nearly went in, and set up the 2nd goal. Why is Cuntenkrands playing in stead of him? :lol:

Vuckic 6 - Looked a class act in that short period of time. Passing was great and he has a sexyness about his game.

Smith 2 - :iamatwat: Did he do anything besides being s*** again? Yellow card, yes...yes.

Pardew 7 - Shouldn't play Løvenkrands, and Smith should never be near a field. Nothing else to complain about though. Looks like he knows what he's doing. Calm down, the striker and the left back are coming.  :troll:

Flat as a fart both on and off the park. That block of away fans was only about 3/4 full too...

Not quite sure how we've managed to muster 7 points from our 3 games so far. There's no discernible tactic or pattern of play other than to just throw it up front and see what happens. We do look good on set pieces though. We've rode our luck a bit but we've got 7 points out of 9 and are into the next round of the Cup.

The frustrating thing is that the cash is there to improve the glaring gaps in the XI but I'm not convinced we've got the ambition to fill them and have a real go at doing well this season. It's there, does Ashley want it as much as we do?      

Guest BooBoo

Whilst he's generally a knob, Luke Edwards has written a good report in The Telegraph.

General gist is that feeling remains that positive start is papering over the squad deficiencies and sense that all is not quite right.

Have to agree tbh.

Løvenkrands 4 - Quite hopeless, but not beyond s***. He's not contributing, and can't offer anything on this level. Just running around like a deer and comically "tackling" players. Get rid.

:lol:

That description so fits Lovenkrands in a bizzaro world way.

Guest Heneage

Whilst he's generally a knob, Luke Edwards has written a good report in The Telegraph.

General gist is that feeling remains that positive start is papering over the squad deficiencies and sense that all is not quite right.

Have to agree tbh.

Course you do, you're a miserable bastard.

Have to agree tbh.

Course you do, you're a miserable bastard.

:shifty:

All in all, it was an okay game. We were s*** in the first half but got better in the second half. I was impressed with Obertan's contribution actually. Good positive play - can only get better!