QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Fatwax

I think ppl are worrying too much about what QPR could do to us imo, i think they will fear us more than we will fear them. We need to see this as a game we should be looking to win, we have made a good start so far and i think if we are positive from the start and have a go at their crap defence, ther is no reason why we cant get 3 points from this...

f*** that's mental :lol: Makes a win even less likely now like.

Aye, that plays a massive part in deciding the outcome of tonight's game. O0

I can count on one hand the amount of times "If we win, we'll go up in the table to...." and "If we win, it'll be our greatest start/greatest run/most wins in x games" has actually come off ;)

Thats so depressingly true  :laugh:

This will be a very tough game. People are saying they have bought bad players... Joey Barton, SWP, Jay Bothroyd, D. J. Campbell - they can all threaten us on the pitch tonight. Jason Puncheon is on loan from Southampton, he can make a big impact from the bench. And of course... Adel Taarabt.

I really think we need 3 central midfielders for this.

If we feel threatened by Jay Bothroyd and Jason Puncheon we might as well write this season off.

I'll be impressed if you win tonight.

Yes, you have a better team than QPR but it's not as simple as that. It's about showing that quality and delivering a composed, professional performance in front of a home crowd who will be optimistic due to the new takeover, being at the start of their first season back.

If you want to progress and challenge for 7th/8th, these are the sorts of games you should be looking to win. This is a big test of where you're at, IMO.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Krul

Raylor  Taylor    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote

Cabaye        Marveaux

Obertan                            Jonas

Best

:cool:

As I've already said to you mate, I don't think you could have played Fulham at a better time. They're having a shaky start, are already generally awful away from home and had played a game in Ukraine 3 days previously. Not saying you didn't deserve to win the game because you did, but for me, tonight will be a more accurate yardstick. Going away to a newly promoted side at the start of a season and winning says to me that you're serious challengers for that 7th/8th position.

Krul

Raylor  Taylor    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote

Cabaye        Marveaux

Obertan                            Jonas

Best

:cool:

I would start with this, except Simpson for Raylor.

Fulham was a bigger test of where we're at for me. Exactly the type of fixture we struggled with last season.

Both pretty good tests. This is also the type of fixture we've tripped up on in recent years.

As I've already said to you mate, I don't think you could have played Fulham at a better time. They're having a shaky start, are already generally awful away from home and had played a game in Ukraine 3 days previously. Not saying you didn't deserve to win the game because you did, but for me, tonight will be a more accurate yardstick. Going away to a newly promoted side at the start of a season and winning says to me that you're serious challengers for that 7th/8th position.

This is the type of game we struggle with normally, and aye if we want to push on into the top half of the table we should defo be winning against teams like QPR, whether they have loads of new players/owners etc to get excited about...

Anyone else just see Fernandes being interviewed on SSN? Makes me fucking sick seeing someone like that when we have that fat cunt in charge, totally likeable bloke.

Not seen said interview, but wasn't Ashley as likeable a few weeks into his tenure? :dontknow: It's always a feel-good factor when they first come in. We'll see if they keep it up and if these ambitious signings continue.

I know what Neil means but last season we were alright travelling away from home and getting a result. It was at home against mid-table fodder such as Fulham, Stoke and Bolton, where we needed to take the intiative, we were most disappointing. Don't get me wrong tonight isn't going to be easy, but the Fulham fixture showed we are capable of breaking down and beating fellow mid-table teams on our own patch, something that was in question last season.

Anyone else just see Fernandes being interviewed on SSN? Makes me fucking sick seeing someone like that when we have that fat cunt in charge, totally likeable bloke.

Not seen said interview, but wasn't Ashley as likeable a few weeks into his tenure? :dontknow: It's always a feel-good factor when they first come in. We'll see if they keep it up and if these ambitious signings continue.

Well we didn't really get to make an opinion cos we've never actually seen or heard him talk. Yet Fernandes is giving a live interview just before his first match in charge of the club. Just seems like a good all round bloke.