QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Fatwax

What planet are the people on that QPR forum living on? Finish above Arsenal, goddamn!

:lol: :lol:

I must of read it wrong, i thought they said they would finish above the so called Group 3, but finish above arsenal :lol:

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/09/12/qpr-boss-reveals-team-for-newcastle-clash-82029-29405900/

QPR boss Neil Warnock has revealed exactly where he intends to play his new faces – including two slots for Joey Barton.

The manager made six signings in less than five days before the transfer window shut, and has taken the extraordinary step of all but naming his team before tonight’s home clash with Newcastle.

When Rs play 4-3-3, Barton will have a free role in the centre of midfield . When Warnock sticks with a more conservative 4-4-1-1, that is more likely to be the case when the player makes his Hoops debut against his old team, Barton will be on the right of midfield.

As for the rest, Luke Young will be at right back with Armand Traore on the other side of defence. Anton Ferdinand will partner Danny Gabbidon at centre-back, and Shaun Wright-Phillips will get a free role in midfield.

Warnock added: “I got a bit lucky with Anton and Danny. They both know each other from their West Ham days and it won’t take as long for them to gel as a pair had they been strangers.

“Was that in the back of my mind when I went for Anton? It was a bit of that, and it was also that we could actually get a class defender.”

DJ Campbell's virus that laid low the forward for the last three weeks could also see a debut for Jason Puncheon.

Warnock insists he will play Adel Taarabt in the same team as Barton, and with Ali Faurlin in mind – the Southampton winger may also slot into midfield on the right, with Campbell taking a place on the bench.

Shaun Derry’s reward for a sparkling start in the Premiership is an extended contract, and together with keeper Paddy Kenny and out-and-out forward Jay Bothroyd, Warnock was blending his new-look side in training this week with a special practice at Loftus Road on Thursday.

“I’ve always had a full-side practice match of around 70 minutes in these cases,” he explained. “I put the likely side against the rest and we stop-start the game to fine-tune stuff.”

Looks like Barton's starting on the right tonight :undecided:.

Would definitely fancy us to score looking at their defence though.

Guest ToonUltra

Can't wait for this one! It promises to be a good game and the crowd will be expectant, on both accounts I presume...

A tightly contested, old fashioned midfield battle between Tiote and Barton should be worth watching alone. Hopefully, their desire to notch their first home win of their premier league era should leave us some gaps to exploit. I'm pipping for a 1-2.

Ho'way the Toon!

Guest ToonUltra

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/09/12/qpr-boss-reveals-team-for-newcastle-clash-82029-29405900/

QPR boss Neil Warnock has revealed exactly where he intends to play his new faces – including two slots for Joey Barton.

The manager made six signings in less than five days before the transfer window shut, and has taken the extraordinary step of all but naming his team before tonight’s home clash with Newcastle.

When Rs play 4-3-3, Barton will have a free role in the centre of midfield . When Warnock sticks with a more conservative 4-4-1-1, that is more likely to be the case when the player makes his Hoops debut against his old team, Barton will be on the right of midfield.

As for the rest, Luke Young will be at right back with Armand Traore on the other side of defence. Anton Ferdinand will partner Danny Gabbidon at centre-back, and Shaun Wright-Phillips will get a free role in midfield.

Warnock added: “I got a bit lucky with Anton and Danny. They both know each other from their West Ham days and it won’t take as long for them to gel as a pair had they been strangers.

“Was that in the back of my mind when I went for Anton? It was a bit of that, and it was also that we could actually get a class defender.”

DJ Campbell's virus that laid low the forward for the last three weeks could also see a debut for Jason Puncheon.

Warnock insists he will play Adel Taarabt in the same team as Barton, and with Ali Faurlin in mind – the Southampton winger may also slot into midfield on the right, with Campbell taking a place on the bench.

Shaun Derry’s reward for a sparkling start in the Premiership is an extended contract, and together with keeper Paddy Kenny and out-and-out forward Jay Bothroyd, Warnock was blending his new-look side in training this week with a special practice at Loftus Road on Thursday.

“I’ve always had a full-side practice match of around 70 minutes in these cases,” he explained. “I put the likely side against the rest and we stop-start the game to fine-tune stuff.”

Looks like Barton's starting on the right tonight :undecided:.

Would definitely fancy us to score looking at their defence though.

FECK, kind of puts my last post out the window. Would have loved Barton in the middle as he is pretty inefective their, and i reckon Tiote would ahve had him in his pocket.

Oh oh, Barton v Raylor.....

Didn't Warnock say he was quite impressed with the signings we had made, despite not spending big money? Always had him down as a bell-end.

On today's game we need to keep Barton and Taraabt quiet, other than that this is the worst team on paper we have played so far, with probably the best team spirit we have played so far. So it's something a bit different for us.

We need to keep the ball and knock their spirits back. After that we are relying on the quality of our attackers to do the business, who knows what to expect on that front.

I would be happy with a draw.

Ideally I'd like Ba and Best to start upfront (think they showed glimpses of the kind of chemistry you like to see between strikers against Fulham) with Sammy as an impact sub, probably for Ba, when he starts looking knackered.  Sadly I don't think we'll get to put Shola and Lovenkrands largely out of the picture yet.  Though at least it looks like Ranger is probably as far down the pecking order as it's possible to get by now.

That defence is probably the worst we will play this season, it has 2 exceptionally average centerbacks, prone to errors and 1 poor fullback and the other who is past it. Shame we won't have enough about us to take advantage. Can see a loss coming our way, things are going too well, if we do win we are a quarter of the way to safety! Lol.

Really looking forward to this game after the depressing international break. Expecting Alan to have worked wonders with his smiling all week in training and have us all fired up for a great away win.

Hopefully Best will continue to somehow find himself in the right place. Our problem of course is whether we can create chances or not I just hope that should Jonas start and prove unsuccessful, we dont wait all night before giving Marveaux or Ferguson a go. Think Ferguson will have no fear of Barton and would leave him for dead.  :)

Cabaye and Barton will definitely get stuck into each other. Firecrackers, the pair of them.

Both full blooded players and I can see Joey targeting Cabaye.. lets hope wor Frenchy has enough about him not to get dragged into it and let Joey be the one sent off.

Lovenkrands    Best

Obertan    Cabaye  Jonas      Tiote

R. Taylor    S. Taylor  Colo        Simpson

Krul

wow jones at center and tiote at wing? we'll probably lose 5-0 then