QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Fatwax

Krul

R. Taylor      S. Taylor      Coloccini      Santon

Obertan      Cabaye      Tiote      Jonas

Marveaux

Best

Subs: Elliot, Simpson, Perch, Gosling, Guthrie, Ba, Lovenkrands.

Feel like a shit leaving Sammy out altogether in this proposed line-up, but I'd be very surprised to see him get the nod considering we've got so many "senior" players fit at the moment. Would be pleasantly surprised to see him and Ferguson on the bench instead of Perch and Lovenkrands. Especially considering they'd offer us more options in that suggested line-up above.

I'm usually an advocate of 4-4-2, but if QPR are playing 4-3-3/4-4-1-1 then we might struggle in the middle - as we did against Arsenal and Fulham before switching things up. Give Marveaux a free role and see how he does.

Have we ever had such an international line-up by the way? When you look at our "strongest" team on paper (pretty much whichever way you cut it, unless you're a huge Shola fan) there's probably only two British players in it (S. Taylor and R. Taylor/Simpson).

Have we ever had such an international line-up by the way? When you look at our "strongest" team on paper (pretty much whichever way you cut it, unless you're a huge Shola fan) there's probably only two English players in it (S. Taylor and R. Taylor/Simpson).

Aye, but Spain, France, Ireland and Holland are all pretty close :blush:

I'm not complaining like, just interested to know. They could be from outer Mongolia if they were good enough. I've qualified it to British (and was tempted to include the Irish given that they're basically British).

If Shane Ferguson pushes on Steven Taylor could be last man standing.

i'm nearly in tears seeing perch popping up on the bench for a few people :(

CHEICK TIOTE has warned Joey Barton that their friendship must go on hold for 90 minutes tonight at Loftus Road.

Barton will pull on the blue-and-white hoops of Queens Park Rangers for the first time this evening, and in one of his parting shots to Mike Ashley predicted that Tiote would be another player to be sold by the United regime as soon as they receive a decent offer.

Tiote has shrugged off the pre-match drama, though, and is instead revelling in the challenge of stopping Barton and Co in the capital.

The Ivory Coast star goes into battle with his former colleague in one of the key battles of a Premier League contest that will have the rest of the country watching in to see if Barton can get one over his former employers.

Barton, of course, left United under a cloud after falling out with the Toon board over his criticism of the club’s much-discussed transfer blueprint.

However, Tiote feels it is now time to focus on football, and told the Chronicle: “Joey has gone now and that’s history for us.

“We need to focus on the next game.

“It’s football – everything happens in football like that but we must move on as a team at Newcastle. I’m sad Joey has gone, but that’s football, we need only to think about the team and winning this match.”

Tough-tackling Tiote knows the strengths and weaknesses of former Manchester City and England midfielder Barton, but says that there will be no animosity.

He said: “We are playing against Joey, and I will be happy to see him, but we must do our jobs first.

“He’s a good man and a good friend but I don’t have a problem with him.

“That must be my approach.”

United can continue their good start to the Premier League campaign and can nudge into the dizzy heights of the top flight’s top four with victory at Loftus Road.

Tiote’s form has been average since the season kicked off, with the player admitting he felt the effects of training alone in Ghana during the summer while waiting for a routine work permit to be processed.

The former FC Twente player said: “It’s important to win this game – we’ve started well, and we need to stay focused and continue that.

“We must do everything to win this game.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/12/cheick-tiote-puts-barton-s-friendship-on-hold-72703-29404521/#ixzz1XjlhDIJR

I've been sucked in the Pards' propaganda, but he appears to see him as viable centre-half cover. He apparently impressed there for Forest.

I have a feeling I know how it'd turn out but he probably deserves a chance. He's a poor footballer but he might not need to play so much at centre-back.

Let's hope we never see him there, though.

CHEICK TIOTE has warned Joey Barton that their friendship must go on hold for 90 minutes tonight at Loftus Road.

Barton will pull on the blue-and-white hoops of Queens Park Rangers for the first time this evening, and in one of his parting shots to Mike Ashley predicted that Tiote would be another player to be sold by the United regime as soon as they receive a decent offer.

Tiote has shrugged off the pre-match drama, though, and is instead revelling in the challenge of stopping Barton and Co in the capital.

The Ivory Coast star goes into battle with his former colleague in one of the key battles of a Premier League contest that will have the rest of the country watching in to see if Barton can get one over his former employers.

Barton, of course, left United under a cloud after falling out with the Toon board over his criticism of the club’s much-discussed transfer blueprint.

However, Tiote feels it is now time to focus on football, and told the Chronicle: “Joey has gone now and that’s history for us.

“We need to focus on the next game.

“It’s football – everything happens in football like that but we must move on as a team at Newcastle. I’m sad Joey has gone, but that’s football, we need only to think about the team and winning this match.”

Tough-tackling Tiote knows the strengths and weaknesses of former Manchester City and England midfielder Barton, but says that there will be no animosity.

He said: “We are playing against Joey, and I will be happy to see him, but we must do our jobs first.

“He’s a good man and a good friend but I don’t have a problem with him.

“That must be my approach.”

United can continue their good start to the Premier League campaign and can nudge into the dizzy heights of the top flight’s top four with victory at Loftus Road.

Tiote’s form has been average since the season kicked off, with the player admitting he felt the effects of training alone in Ghana during the summer while waiting for a routine work permit to be processed.

The former FC Twente player said: “It’s important to win this game – we’ve started well, and we need to stay focused and continue that.

“We must do everything to win this game.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/12/cheick-tiote-puts-barton-s-friendship-on-hold-72703-29404521/#ixzz1XjlhDIJR

Wow, very surprised the Chronicle have contained themselves and not made one 'Cheick mate' pun in the whole article.

Lovenkrands    Best

Obertan    Cabaye  Jonas      Tiote

R. Taylor    S. Taylor  Colo        Simpson

Krul

wow jones at center and tiote at wing? we'll probably lose 5-0 then

That's tonight's 'line up' from today's Daily Telegraph  :rolleyes:

A Skirge special :lol:

---------------Krul

Simo---Tayls--------Colo----Santon

---------------Tiote

-----Cabaye-----------Jonas

Obertan----------------------R.Tay

----------------Best

Ryan Taylor as an advanced left winger? :lol: :lol:

Coming in from the left he is probably more likely to score than any other on the pitch, and his set pieces this season have beaten the scum and kept us in the cup.

If Barton is to play on the right, we have so start with Santon, him and Jonas will piss all over Joey

I'd guess they've signed him as a CM since they signed Shaun Wright-Phillips as well.

I'd start with:

Krul

Simpson - Saylor - Colo - Santon

Jonas - Tiote - Cabaye - Marveaux

Ba - Best

I think it's more likely Obertan will start on the right and Jonas will be on the left though.

Guest thenorthumbrian

United have had a pretty decent start in terms of results, but we have been a bit lucky so far.

Tonight we need not only a  good result but an improvement in performance. 

What I want to see.

------------------------Krul

Raylor-------Saylor-----------Colo------Santon

---------------Tiote------------Cabaye

Marveaux---------------------------------Jonas

----------------Best-------------Ba

What i think we will see.

--------------------------Krul

Simmo--------Saylor----------Colo-------Raylor

Loven---------Cabaye---------Tiote------Jonas

------------------------Oberton

-------------------------Best

If we play the first team i reckon we will win, if we play the second team i reckon will will get a draw.

Edit.

Krul

Marveaux

Best

Feel like a shit leaving Sammy out altogether in this proposed line-up, but I'd be very surprised to see him get the nod considering we've got so many "senior" players fit at the moment. Would be pleasantly surprised to see him and Ferguson on the bench instead of Perch and Lovenkrands. Especially considering they'd offer us more options in that suggested line-up above.

I'm usually an advocate of 4-4-2, but if QPR are playing 4-3-3/4-4-1-1 then we might struggle in the middle - as we did against Arsenal and Fulham before switching things up. Give Marveaux a free role and see how he does.

Like the look of that Rich.

Krul

Marveaux

Best

Like the look of that Rich.

I like it for the most part but I don't agree with Sammy being left out altogether. I don't think you need both Guthrie and Gosling on the bench and you should have someone like Sammy who can win a game in place of one of them. Although I've got a feeling Shola and Lovenkrands will end up being picked instead, which is a worry as both are shite despite being senior players.

Krul

Simpson  Saylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Jonas    Tiote    Cabaye    Marveaux

Best  Ba

Subs: Elliot, Santon, Perch, Obertan, Gosling, Sameobi, Lovenkrands

Krul

Simpson  Saylor          Coloccini    Santon

Obertan    Cabaye      Tiote        Jonas

Ba          Best