Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest VaVaVoom

Hope he get a couple of chances to refresh our memory then. O0

As frustrating Jonas can be, i really rate him. He gives us much more than he gets credit for imo

Spot on.

If Marveaux forces his way into the team on the left wing then i'd want to see Jonas get a run on the right. Ahead of Obertan

Can´t remember one game Jonas has played well on the right for us.

Bolton 2008. Arsenal 2008. (iirc)

One time in the 2nd half in the CCC he switched flanks with Routledge which brought us back from 2-0 down to 2-2. Don't know which team it was against, though.

Well, I´ll just take your word for it :lol:

It might work, and would be good so Marveaux can go left.

Wasn't Jonas on the right against Man U when KK was in charge?  Remember him having a good game then.

Nope, left :)

Indeed, remember it like it was yesterday. Jonas was so fucking good that match.

I talked about him 7 days straight after the match. :smitten:

Ah man, I wish he could play like that every week. That was such a great day for us, can't think of many times I've been more optimistic about us in the last five or so years (apart from the excellent run of results under Hughton this time last year).

That whole match was brilliant if I remember correctly.  Was buzzing afterwards.

I was certain we'd finish around 6th after the Bolton home game. :lol:

The buzz during pre-season and after our first two games was certainly high. Then we know what happened in September.

That run on the wing where he completely skinned Rooney (who tried to hack Jonas down). Brilliant. :smitten:

We'd have certainly given it a go, that's for sure. Imagine if the board hadn't have screwed up the Modric deal as well.

That run on the wing where he completely skinned Rooney (who tried to hack Jonas down). Brilliant. :smitten:

We'd have certainly given it a go, that's for sure. Imagine if the board hadn't have screwed up the Modric deal as well.

Yep... Sat in the hotel only to disappear for a bigger wage deal... Maybe that would of swung Woodgate re-signing though... Every cloud has a silver lining i guess...

I think Keegan's ability to motivate a squad would have taken the same group of players who went down to around 10th.

One time in the 2nd half in the CCC he switched flanks with Routledge which brought us back from 2-0 down to 2-2. Don't know which team it was against, though.

Bristol City away.

That whole match was brilliant if I remember correctly.  Was buzzing afterwards.

I was certain the better times were back and was feeling perky as fuck after that, and I never feel perky as fuck about NUFC.

People are mad in this and every other thread playing Jonas not on the LW btw. Lunacy.

Bristol City away.

Brilliant game tbh. When Carroll pulled it back to 2-2 from Routledge and a brilliant move by Enrique I was certain of the fact that we were going up. Superb feeling.

I was certain the better times were back and was feeling perky as fuck after that, and I never feel perky as fuck about NUFC.

People are mad in this and every other thread playing Jonas not on the LW btw. Lunacy.

I can't see how his attributes (which are pretty basic, in spite of the importance they have on our play) can't translate to the right-hand side, especially now that Enrique has gone. There are several points to consider, none more poignant than it would offer Marveaux - another of our better players - a preferred role down the left. Don't forget the defensive assistance Jonas could provide to Simpson, too; that lad could certainly use a hand on occasion.

I'd be disappointed to see it left untried. It's not as if Jonas has a tendency to cut inside and smash one at goal; he's done it a couple of times but he's primarily a byline winger.

Well there is no better way to ease in than against a s*** side such as QPR

Mmm... The same s*** team who got a great 1-0 win at Everton and have since been took over by a new owner and have signed Barton SWP and Ferdinand... Not saying they are worldbeaters but let's not get carried away... Classic NUFC banana skin awaiting us in front of the watching millions... I think we need to remember that despite the results we have been over run for large periods in all 4 games this season...

Those two are f***ing rank :lol:

I presume you are predicting a comfortable away win then?...

No I'm just saying that those two are shit..  It'll probably be a difficult game, as with any game in this league, especially away from home.

Mmm... The same s*** team who got a great 1-0 win at Everton and have since been took over by a new owner and have signed Barton SWP and Ferdinand... Not saying they are worldbeaters but let's not get carried away... Classic NUFC banana skin awaiting us in front of the watching millions... I think we need to remember that despite the results we have been over run for large periods in all 4 games this season...

No I'm just saying that those two are s***..  It'll probably be a difficult game, as with any game in this league, especially away from home.

Think you are being a little dismissive of SWP... and we hardly tore Ferdinand a new one at the SOL... Like I said whilst not being worldbeaters I think some folk on here are getting carried away if they think we just need to turn up to take all 3 points... We should be aiming too but whether we get anything is a completely different story due to our lack of creativity...

No I'm just saying that those two are s***..  It'll probably be a difficult game, as with any game in this league, especially away from home.

Think you are being a little dismissive of SWP... and we hardly tore Ferdinand a new one at the SOL... Like I said whilst not being worldbeaters I think some folk on here are getting carried away if they think we just need to turn up to take all 3 points... We should be aiming too but whether we get anything is a completely different story due to our lack of creativity...

I'm not being dismissive of him, I just don't think he's a good player, same with Ferdinand.  Taarabt, Barton and Campbell (who always does well against us) are the players to worry about IMO.