Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

We definitely have a future star on our hands. He is improving by the week (especially his defensive positioning) and I look forward to continue seeing him develop.

Attacking-wise, I'd say he has clearly demonstrated that he has more attacking ability than Enrique. Would love to see Davide score a goal after cutting inside from LB.

Guest Tyson

Although he wasn't exactly unknown (like that Cisse fella) our scouting/negotiation team deserve a little bit of praise. The amount players go for these days..

cisse wan't an unknown which makes me absolutly f***ing astounded thatr he ended up here at that price.

Damaged goods at the time. Form had hit an all-time (particularly on loan), and was a headcase mentally. Confidence was shot to pieces. Prior to, it didn't help being shifted along Inter's back 4 in a utility role. Wasn't given the opportunity to own the RB slot (that's what started the rot), as was the case at Youth Int levels where he was thought to be mercurial talent.

There's nowt wrong with partially basing the club's buying policy on the acquirement of fallen & still young talents, and rehabilitating them ie. Santon & HBA. Wenger has been an exponent of this method, but he isn't afraid of stumping up the going rate when a top-tier talent comes along (ie. Chamberlain). Arsenal didn't run to the hills, when an eight digit figure (minus a discount) was quoted.

I'm more concerned with these players forming a team spine for the mid-long term, as opposed to the club opportunistically piecing together the squad equivalent of an investment portfolio - where cheap & initially underperforming stock is then offloaded at their respective peaks, when rapidfire development is shown (to pay for incoming transfer & agent fees, and 1st yr wages of contracts).

Had a good game. Got done for Torres' cross but that was nice skill from Torres.

When he hit that loose pass to Colo though (Colo was at LW at the time). So stupid, CB out of position - hit risky ball - massively increase their chance of a counter! ! ! !

Otherwise was good to see, had Sturridge in his pocket. Great with the ball too.

Hes so comfortable on the ball, the ease with which he just cut past bosingwa and laid it off for Cisse's first. Then a goalline clearance. So was basically key to us winning the game, perhaps only behind Cisse. Very impressive, only gonna get better with more gametime. Very exciting to have him here.

Next season he will be one of the best full backs in the league. There I said it :|

Also so glad he's gone on uninjured for a while now, he did seem worringly injury prone when he arrived.

Although he wasn't exactly unknown (like that Cisse fella) our scouting/negotiation team deserve a little bit of praise. The amount players go for these days..

cisse wan't an unknown which makes me absolutly fucking astounded thatr he ended up here at that price.

a few of our signings seem to be like this - those players everyone seemingly has their eye on but no one wants to commit to - bit like how defour ended up in portugal, or when kompany moved to hamburg (or indeed Man City).

Next season he will be one of the best full backs in the league. There I said it :|

Also so glad he's gone on uninjured for a while now, he did seem worringly injury prone when he arrived.

Nothing wrong with that, full backs is'nt exactly a strong point in this league...... well theres many decent/good ones but not many top quality ones i would'nt be suprised if this time next year he's knocking on the door of the better ones.

He's really great, fucking love how great he is in the air, not only does he wins it but he always manages to head it to the feet of one of our players, Williamson who's supposed to be our most reliable player in the Air often just heads anywhere.

Guest Sophie S

I enjoy to see him play every time. I think he'll be absolutely great next season.

Guest pont-toon

Very good shift from the lad again today.

aye, and a little cameo at right back. Sign of things to come?...........

I can't recall a time when we have had so many players in our squad who are willing to run at the opposition and take the ball past them.

Between HBA, Jonas and Santon we've got some players very comfortable with he ball at their feet.

Superb developing curve for this lad. Will blossom into one of the best full backs in the league next year. One of our best today again.

Yeah, something's clicked in this lad's head. He doesn't look afraid any more.

Guest firetotheworks

He needs to change the colour of his boots, keep shouting "Go on Hatem" when he's on one of the wings.

:kinnear:

Just change your lenses mate. They're nothing alike. :lol:

Guest je85

Any body been keeping an eye on the Italian national team? Is he in with a shout for the Euro squad?