Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Correct me if wrong but Roma missed out on even the europa league didn't they? We should be well able to keep hold of him, if Ashley is intent on making a profit, he'll be worth way more after a full proper season of him adapted to the premier league.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

That's one of only very few things I hate about football bollox stories like that been made up. He had a chance to go to roma instead of us last year and said no prem it is for me for next 5 years at least and then we'll see.

I don't know why we're even discussing this. It's a bollocks article: few lines with no quotes what so ever. Let us instead focus on players we want in.

Because we're all paranoid.

1. We are in the Europe, they are not.

2. He rejected them in the summer to join us.

3. He has said recently he loves the premier league and has no intention of leaving any time soon

4. They wont go anywhere near the amount we will demand.

I don't know why we're even discussing this. It's a bollocks article: few lines with no quotes what so ever. Let us instead focus on players we want in.

Because we're all paranoid.

That makes sense... :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

He's as good as gone. Big Ash will trouser the money and look to the next asset to strip. Like he always does.

FYP

Would like to join in on the Santon love, glad to see there's plenty of others rate him.  Talking to a couple of mates down the pub you'd think he was worse than bloody Simpson, few of them going on about how he can't defend etc.  It's clearly not me who thinks he's very solid defensively as well as superb on the attack.  Also agree that he's got a huge season coming up, as long as he stays injury-free the lad will become one of the world's best full backs, can't believe he's only 21.

Why did Inter get rid of him?  Was it his injury record, or was it just poor form because I know he got turfed out on loan.  They must be mad, especially with that ageing team they have.

Would like to join in on the Santon love, glad to see there's plenty of others rate him.  Talking to a couple of mates down the pub you'd think he was worse than bloody Simpson, few of them going on about how he can't defend etc.  It's clearly not me who thinks he's very solid defensively as well as superb on the attack.  Also agree that he's got a huge season coming up, as long as he stays injury-free the lad will become one of the world's best full backs, can't believe he's only 21.

Why did Inter get rid of him?  Was it his injury record, or was it just poor form because I know he got turfed out on loan.  They must be mad, especially with that ageing team they have.

It's Inter mate they have a track record of getting rid of talented youngsters..... but yeah he did struggle with injuries for a while.

Hopefully he is past all that.

Going a bit far there like. :lol:

Welcome though. :thup:

Cheers mate. 

But nah, I know it sounds strong but potential-wise I don't really think I am, wouldn't say anything like that sort of stuff about any other of our young players or any other member of our squad EDIT apart from maybe HBA but he's probably too old to really make good of that potential he always had.  Mourinho and Lippi know more than me and they rated him as having such potential.  His progress has been curtailed somewhat in the last couple of seasons but hopefully he's back on track now.  I'm not really one to overrate players and don't really want to give that impression with my first post  :lol: too late I guess.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for a pretty face and swashbuckling attacking play.

I dont think its too far in any case when you consider the lack of genuine quality fullbacks around he has the talent and stature to get to the top of the game IMO.....

He's clearly far away from that level atm but the potential i see in him from an attacking standpoint and a defensive standpoint says he can get to the level that he was hyped to begin with....( well maybe not new Maldini but a bloody good attacking fullback)

I don't think he has nailed down a position yet. He is an all round good footballer, but like Steve Watson you can see him everywhere even up front.

Wouldn't be surprised for him to end up like Jonas, only with better technique.