Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He puts us on the front foot as soon as he picks the ball up, he's pretty quick over 10 yards and when he picks it up he belts forward 10 before even looking up. This is a great quality to have for a fullback as he doesnt dally allowing opposition players back into position. Really like this kid :D

He's the classic example of how being managed well can influence a player. He was totally fucked about by Inter and looked a shadow of his first season, and was hoyed out on loan. Pards could have thrown him in the deep end, but chose to let him bide his time, the odd game here and there and when it was the right time, made him a regular starter. Since then he hasn't looked back.

Looking forward to a full season of him next year, and really hope we can bring in another equally as talented full back for the other flank.

agree with this :thup:

Aye, getting better every game as he's got to grips with the English game and style. Still a bit lax now and then but thats to be expected of a young defender.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The potential of him and HBA on the right next season is just too good.

Krul

Santon Douglas Colo Cissokho

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

HBA Cisse Ba

Definately takes us to the next level!

The potential of him and HBA on the right next season is just too good.

Krul

Santon Douglas Colo Cissokho

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

HBA Cisse Ba

Definately takes us to the next level!

I think maybe we should have a new midfielder in the Siggurdson mould to play when we are at home and to rotate him with Jonas when we are away/need a grafter. Looking at that team I cant help but think Jonas is the weak link, although I love the bloke and he's been imperative to our success this season. Just got a feeling we can get a better player for his position.

Guest Tyson

lee_ryder @JohnRobertsTable

Appreciate the compliment mate. Football journalism is a thankless job. Insightful  craic isn't for everyone, especially when tweeting with a chief sports writer. As for Davide, he's Santastic isn't he! He is more elusive than Simmo, Willo and Colo. Working hard on a more indepth exclusive with the former Juventis young gun!

22 days ago  in reply to JohnRobertsTable

Appreciate the compliment mate. Football journalism is a thankless job. Insightful  craic isn't for everyone, especially when tweeting with a chief sports writer. As for Davide, he's Santastic isn't he! He is more elusive than Simmo, Willo and Colo. Working hard on a more indepth exclusive with the former Juventis young gun!

Jesus fucking christ, what a fucking cunt this man is.

Jesus f***ing christ, what a f***ing c*** this man is.

:spit:

Stupidity is sometimes annoying and always funny, but it's much, much worse when it comes with horrendously misplaced arrogance.

If you're reading Lee, you get stick because you say things like this. If you were humble about your role and made a bit more effort to get things like facts, spelling and grammar correct you'd be worthy of more respect. I don't even know where to start with proclaiming yourself to have 'insightful craic'. You sound like a teenager that's just discovered Oscar Wilde, grow up man.

you've just made that up haven't you? :lol:

He certainly was illusive during his time at Juve :lol:

No wonder he doesn't want to speak to Baldy after his shitty mackem in Milan craic when he joined.

you've just made that up haven't you? :lol:

Of course he has. :lol:

What a player this lad is going to be.

Ok, he needs to tighten up his defensive game a touch but the raw talent he has is frightning. He has only had 6 months in the premiership and he is already up to pace, we will all be talking about him as one of the best in the league very soon.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Someone has a class Santon Flag who sits in the strawberry corner

Guest Recoba

Possibly my favourite player.  Everything you could want from a modern full back.  You can see he is class.  Morrati is a clown.

Guest VegasToon

He has looked fantastic the last couple of matches.  I really look forward to seeing him play next season.  He should be well adjusted by then.  In 2 - 3 years he might just be the best FB in the Prem.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/319638/

One match might decide Newcastle’s season, but it cannot deflect from an extraordinary nine months for Pardew. So extraordinary, that Italian Davide Santon, the Newcastle full-back, said: “He reminds me of Mourinho.

“They have the same mentality and same will to win. The way they study tactics, their meticulous preparations and the way they have team meetings before the game are just the same as when I was at Inter Milan.”

Santon was called the new Paolo Maldini by Mourinho when he played for him at Inter before joining Newcastle in the summer and Pardew has had quite an effect on him.

Santon said: “The preparation is perfect and it’s all geared towards winning. Alan Pardew is also excellent at getting the team spirit just right before games.

“I’ve been very impressed with him since I got here. I’ve always been happy here, even when I’ve not been in the team because I realise the manager was giving me time to settle in and study the team.

“I like the mentality the manager has got with the way he studies the players, the way he thinks about the game and the way he wants to win. It is all very similar to Mourinho.

“It’s difficult for us to make it into the Champions League because both Arsenal and Tottenham are above us going into the last game. We’re concentrating on winning the last game and we are in Europe, no matter what happens, which is great for us. Arsenal and Spurs both have difficult games and it will still be hard for us to get there, but whatever happens it has been a very good season.”