Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Quite shocked Italy didnt take him tbh, they have not got a decent fullback in their whole squad.... mind you this is Prandelli we are talking about.

Where's Abate and Maggio?

Quite shocked Italy didnt take him tbh, they have not got a decent fullback in their whole squad.... mind you this is Prandelli we are talking about.

Where's Abate and Maggio?

Should have been more clear.... Decent Left Back.....

PDC is joining Santon on the beach and Criscito was sent home because of all those betting charges...

Thier best LB is Balzaretti it is hilarious  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest optimistic nit

Was talking to a mackem last night, they really do take it as a given that Santon is shite, I don't understand it at all. :lol: :lol:

he has to be shite, because ba, cisse, ben arfa, cabaye, tiote, krul and colo are all awsome. in order for us to still be shite, any other newcastle player must therefore be borderline retarded.

would he not be better on the RB?

he is good at cutting inside from the left....but his crossing with his left foot isnt really a threat.

he could also cut in from the right side and then his crossing would become naturally and a threat.

am i wrong?

How did he fair on loan at Cesena?  I had always been under the impression that he struggled, but I've just been corrected by someone who is usually spot on about football on the continent.  Apparently he had a solid spell there...

Was talking to a mackem last night, they really do take it as a given that Santon is shite, I don't understand it at all. :lol: :lol:

Got subbed at HT against them therefore he's shit. Cisse and Tiote are shit for similar less than stellar performances in that game.

would he not be better on the RB?

he is good at cutting inside from the left....but his crossing with his left foot isnt really a threat.

he could also cut in from the right side and then his crossing would become naturally and a threat.

am i wrong?

We switched him to the right for a couple of halves if I remember rightly and he cut inside all the time then too but onto his weaker foot instead.  I think he's absolutely fine on the left, played there for Inter when he had Ronaldo in his pocket.  Needed a bit of time to adjust to the league that's all, and has taken to it like a duck to water all things considered - 20 years old when signed, different league, surroundings, language etc.

Pardew obviously believes that too since we're going for Debuchy.