Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Tbf, it's looking doubtful that Haidara will ever be first-choice (or potentially even second choice) here. Pity, cos he's shown promise when he's played.

Why's that?

Because Santon and Dummett are ahead of him in the pecking order, obviously.

Must say, as much as I like Santon his lack of improvement concerns me.

That said, Haidara and Dummett are not, and quite probably never will be, ready to replace him.

I reckon Haidara could be a better player than Santon in a couple of years.

Dummett, i'm not sure about.

Tbf, it's looking doubtful that Haidara will ever be first-choice (or potentially even second choice) here. Pity, cos he's shown promise when he's played.

Why's that?

Because Santon and Dummett are ahead of him in the pecking order, obviously.

I'm fairly certain Dummett is not ahead, like.

Dummet and Haidara are being slowly introduced into Prem league football, as it should be. One real bad game could set them back months phsycologically!

When fat boy decides to sell Santon we'll have these two vying for a place. I don't see them being bad replacements at all as they are still very young and have looked promisiing when on the pitch. Dummet, from going from a contract reject (nearly) to some impressive performances when called upon really deserves credit. Haidara for those few games he played looked decent in a couple and poor in a couple.. to be expected really.

Blood them in slowly and we'll hopefully reap the reward, PATIENCE being the key word here.

Santon hasn't done much to impove his reputatipon. He's been bang average for us.

I understand that his reputatipon has not impoved in your eyes.

But just to gauge the scale, can you give me another bang average left back that you'd historically compare him to? Has he the heart of a Pistone? The solidity of a Babayaro?

That said, Haidara and Dummett are not, and quite probably never will be, ready to replace him.

:thup: he's stagnated definitely, needs some coaching of a decent standard

Aye. When you look at our backroom staff it's incredible that the board wants us to be a young team. Can't imagine much coaching going on at all tbh.

I've bored myself with the amount I've said it in here but a complete overhaul of our coaching set up would be massively beneficial

Impossible to say, but had we snapped up that Meulensteen (someone eventually tempted by the might of Fulham) you can't help but feel it would have a step up in class. Masses of experience of working with the very best and winning things playing attacking football.

Would have cost money though, and we all know how dangerous that can be.

we're writing Haidara off now are we? :lol:

No, but I think he's a long way behind Santon and always will be while he's here and (rightly) not getting games.

College Dropout trying miles too hard the last couple of days. Crap.

Not at all. I've genuinely never been consistently impressed by the lad. Not to say he doesn't have the potential. His best run of form has been when he had Jonas for protection. While he's good at bringing the ball forward he doesn't offer a great deal going forward either imo.

I'm only basing my opinion on his performances. If he was 28 I would want us to find an improvement. At 22, he's managed to become a bang average PL fullback which I guess is decent when you look at our academy lads at that age. I was more impressed with Charlie N'Zog at leftback tbh.

Judging by that barbershop's twitter, seems santon is very well liked, and has a lot of time for people. Seems like an all round good egg tbh. Hopefully he progresses into the player we all want him to be.

At the Toon ? They stagnate/gan backwards due to the quality coaching/mentoring they get.

They'll be stagnating all the way to the top 4 by half 7 tonight  :smug: