Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cabaye > Nolan

Santon < Enrique

Obertan > Rouledge

Marveaux = Barton

Ba < Carroll

Elliott = N/A

Basically, we've signed no one.  Only replaced players, and in the majority of the cases, with weaker players.

Wouldn't call it a success at all.

Alternatively, your first point still stands like.

No excuse for the lack of a striker.

you should always look to improve in all positions, however, to me, with ba and bent, strikers weren't the most important position to stregthen. with merveaux and ben arfa i'd like to think we wont be playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

2. They get a bonus point for signing Cabaye.

Diabolical tbh all things considered. From failing to spend any of the £35m we got gifted to actualy giving our best right midfielder away, it's been fucking horrific.

We've had since January to discuss with clubs and find a replacement for Carroll, and we've ended up been beaten to the chase in a last minute panic bid (or whatever the fuck it was) for Brian Ruiz.

Other than a spot in central midfield we're pretty much shitter/the same in every other department than last season. Fucking useless.

Guest VegasToon

3 - I like the signings, but a big disappointment we couldn't get a true #9.  We need cover along the back and another striker.  Two more quality players could have made this team very special.

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

And how does that help in any way shape or form?

Help? :lol:

How do any of the posts in this thread help....

It's a stupid post that doesn't help the mood. Don't think anyone on this forum is content with the failure to bring a forward in. Don't see the point in digging up Keegan quotes.

you should always look to improve in all positions, however, to me, with ba and bent, strikers weren't the most important position to stregthen. with merveaux and ben arfa i'd like to think we wont be playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

I think 4-4-1-1 is exactly what we'll be playing with Ben Arfa, provided he gets fit and the others stay fit.

Are you kidding me?

I think 4-4-1-1 is exactly what we'll be playing with Ben Arfa, provided he gets fit and the others stay fit.

wont get the best out of him or the squad then. IMO

Guest Rainforest

2/10

Not bringing in even a loan stiker is unforgiveable. Complete and utter f***ing shambles.

We bought Ba.

:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/aK91O.gif

The little problem with that is we don't have Bent.

We obtained Ba, you mean. Do you really think we would have went for him if he wasn't available for free? We're putting all our eggs in one injury prone basket who so far hasn't looked good enough. The lengths some people will go to to defend this shambles are amazing.

Do you actually read anyone's post other than your own?  Not one person on this board has defended our transfer window/Ashley - some just aren't as negative about it as others.

In that case they should be negative. If only for the con trick these lying bastards tried to pull by pretending we wanted another striker when they clearly didn't.

Are you kidding me?

in what way ?

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

Shall I post the quotes from Enrique, Barton, Nolan etc as well? They've had a golden opportunity to put this club back on the map this summer, all we needed was a bit of investment, and we could have really had a push for Europe this season. Yet again, they've us "customers" which is all we are to Ashley, have been fucked over again.

The big worry for me is how long can we keep hold of Coloccini, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon, Cabaye etc? They're not going to be happy for much longer playing for a club with such little ambition.

Guest Wally_McFool

1 - Still have a weak understrength squad. Strike force weak as piss, reserve defence is a joke

Signed 2 injury prone players and a right footed left back.

Ashley - taking the piss since 2008.

Eternal optimists please fuck right off....   :naughty:  :tickedoff:

Night night!  :D

Really the entire thing was about looking for bargains - buying players we could sign for less than what their future value may be after some Premiership football. Then selling them on for more at a later date.

Look at when we tried to exploit a loop hole to buy a spare left back cheaply: when it didn't come off there was never even a suggestion of looking for a reserve left back again, in fact we were lucky to have a single left back at the club.

Ba, Obertan, Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon all have every chance of being sold for more than we bought them for - I believe that is why they are here.

But it is more difficult to play this game with strikers - every time anyone starts banging in goals anywhere they get noticed and (an often inflated) value is placed on their head. A value that we were not prepared to meet. I think that is the reason why that no matter what the asking price was, our valuation was consistently failed to meet what the club was asking for - we would not contemplate the deal if there was not a good prospect of selling at a profit.

So I'll go for a 4. I think we've made a few good signings, we could even play some good football, but its confirmation (if any were needed) that long-term the strategy the board have is a long long way from where we want to be as a club.

You think we have Bent playing for us..? It's not Darren Bent, it's fucking Leon Best.. No wonder you didn't think we needed another striker..  :crazy2:

wont get the best out of him or the squad then. IMO

Don't see why not, with Jonas and Marveaux/Obertan on the flanks. Give Ben Arfa the role Sessegnon plays for Sunderland.

It could also be called 4-2-3-1 if that would make you feel any better.

We obtained Ba, you mean. Do you really think we would have went for him if he wasn't available for free? We're putting all our eggs in one injury prone basket who so far hasn't looked good enough. The lengths some people will go to to defend this shambles are amazing.

Do you actually read anyone's post other than your own?  Not one person on this board has defended our transfer window/Ashley - some just aren't as negative about it as others.

Where's the line between putting a positive spin on it and defending it?

Hopeless.

Aye reet.

Sometimes you need to stop trying to put a positive spin on things and realise you've been fucked over.

Help? :lol:

How do any of the posts in this thread help....

It's a stupid post that doesn't help the mood. Don't think anyone on this forum is content with the failure to bring a forward in. Don't see the point in digging up Keegan quotes.

because he's been proved absolutely right, perhaps?