Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

And how does that help in any way shape or form?

Shall I post the quotes from Enrique, Barton, Nolan etc as well? They've had a golden opportunity to put this club back on the map this summer, all we needed was a bit of investment, and we could have really had a push for Europe this season. Yet again, they've us "customers" which is all we are to Ashley, have been f***ed over again.

The big worry for me is how long can we keep hold of Coloccini, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon, Cabaye etc? They're not going to be happy for much longer playing for a club with such little ambition.

I agree completely. Just trying to find any reason to remain positive. We don't need Keegan to tell us that the owner of the football club is an amateur.

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

Shall I post the quotes from Enrique, Barton, Nolan etc as well? They've had a golden opportunity to put this club back on the map this summer, all we needed was a bit of investment, and we could have really had a push for Europe this season. Yet again, they've us "customers" which is all we are to Ashley, have been fucked over again.

The big worry for me is how long can we keep hold of Coloccini, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon, Cabaye etc? They're not going to be happy for much longer playing for a club with such little ambition.

Think you're overstating the case TBH. We were never likely to finish in Europe this season, it's only our second season back in the league. With a few higher-quality additions we could push for Europe next season.

Keeping players like Colo is a concern as they were given contracts that might be beyond the current budget, but I don't really see any reason to be worried about the ones that have signed in recent windows.

we've taken the top scorers out of our team as well as the major contributor of assists to those goals. what we've brought in is hugely inexpreienced and untested in this league. our frontline is very poor and our cb area is already wafer thin. we are overall weaker and the depth is lacking. cabaye and santon appear great first-team purchases, however.

4/10

Help? :lol:

How do any of the posts in this thread help....

It's a stupid post that doesn't help the mood. Don't think anyone on this forum is content with the failure to bring a forward in. Don't see the point in digging up Keegan quotes.

because he's been proved absolutely right, perhaps?

Righto. He deserves a biscuit. So if people "knew all along", why didn't they protest or stop going to the games?

No excuse for the lack of a striker.

you should always look to improve in all positions, however, to me, with ba and bent, strikers weren't the most important position to stregthen. with merveaux and ben arfa i'd like to think we wont be playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

I think 4-4-1-1 is exactly what we'll be playing with Ben Arfa, provided he gets fit and the others stay fit.

wont get the best out of him or the squad then. IMO

Don't see why not, with Jonas and Marveaux/Obertan on the flanks. Give Ben Arfa the role Sessegnon plays for Sunderland.

It could also be called 4-2-3-1 if that would make you feel any better.

what i was looking at was more a 4-3-2-1.........the midfield 3 being cabaye-tiote plus 1, very solid allowing ben arafa/merveaux freedom aswell as at least two of those being able to push on in support. we dont have the personnel to go with just tiote and cabaye and hope the further 3 can help defend.

A lot depends on Ben Arfa now imo, him coming in and hitting the ground running as part of a front 2 is the only thing I can see that could improve us.  We have to hope to God we get lucky with injuries at the back as well or else we're knackered.  More reasons why it's not good enough really.

Failure to spend ANY of the £35m and failure to buy a good striker = bad window.

We've acquired a good striker, we just needed another.

Exactly, and the second striker only became our biggest priority after we secured a good fullback as well.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted another striker, but it had to be one whose quality was way above the ones we've got. That always made it harder to achieve, especially under the frugal spending limits we've set ourselves.

Selling Andy Carroll. £35m

Parking your helicopter at Battersea Dog's Home. £2,000

Ian W still defending the Ashley regime. Priceless.

Fuck off man, I'm not "defending" anyone or anything, I'm just giving my opinion on how things have gone just like you are. Grow up.

A lot depends on Ben Arfa now imo, him coming in and hitting the ground running as part of a front 2 is the only thing I can see that could improve us.  We have to hope to God we get lucky with injuries at the back as well or else we're knackered.  More reasons why it's not good enough really.

went on his thread yesterday cos I thought he could be involved v QPR. According to someone on here hes out til the end of October and expecting to be rusty after that

No excuse for the lack of a striker.

you should always look to improve in all positions, however, to me, with ba and bent, strikers weren't the most important position to stregthen. with merveaux and ben arfa i'd like to think we wont be playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

I think 4-4-1-1 is exactly what we'll be playing with Ben Arfa, provided he gets fit and the others stay fit.

wont get the best out of him or the squad then. IMO

Don't see why not, with Jonas and Marveaux/Obertan on the flanks. Give Ben Arfa the role Sessegnon plays for Sunderland.

It could also be called 4-2-3-1 if that would make you feel any better.

what i was looking at was more a 4-3-2-1.........the midfield 3 being cabaye-tiote plus 1, very solid allowing ben arafa/merveaux freedom aswell as at least two of those being able to push on in support. we dont have the personnel to go with just tiote and cabaye and hope the further 3 can help defend.

Ah, the Christmas tree. Would be asking a lot of the fullbacks for width, which would be my concern, but I see where you're coming from.

We've already struggled for periods in games when we've tried to go 2-v-3 in the middle of the park, but that did tend to be when we had two strikers playing flat up top and not dropping back in (as one did last season when we were "brave" enough to go 4-4-2).

I think if you're playing someone in that VDV/Sessegnon role they basically just need to sit on the opposition's holding midfielder when we're not in possession and that should do enough. I have no worries about Jonas/Obertan coming the other way, but haven't seen enough of Marveaux to know whether he'll be as diligent.

Fuck off man, I'm not "defending" anyone or anything, I'm just giving my opinion on how things have gone just like you are. Grow up.

ouch, throwing your toys out the pram cos the people you spent all summer defending proved you wrong? at least be honest. you spend 90% of your time on here making excuses for ashley, defending the club's actions, and arguing with people who criticise him.

mug.

Failure to spend ANY of the £35m and failure to buy a good striker = bad window.

Exactly, and the second striker only became our biggest priority after we secured a good fullback as well.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted another striker, but it had to be one whose quality was way above the ones we've got. That always made it harder to achieve, especially under the frugal spending limits we've set ourselves.

You said yourself a couple of weeks ago it would be an absolute shambles if we didn't get in another striker now...  Do you want me to refresh your memory?

??? It's not hard to bring in a forward capable of keeping Shola and Lovenkrands or even Best out of the side. Most of us could probably name about 50 off the top of our heads, many of whom were probably available this summer to someone willing to meet their club's valuation and some of whom were even available for free.

Obviously the 35million hasn't been fully re-invested, but overall I'm pretty happy with our business. Cabaye is excellent, Marveaux, Ba and Obertan all have potential to be very useful, and Santon could turn out to be a brilliant signing. The lack of another Striker is pathetic considering the money that should be available, but it's not the end of the world. It opens up opportunities for Sammy and Vuckic to step up. Not condoning it, but there is a good way to look at it.

The players who have left, excluding Enrique, I'm not too fussed about to be honest.

Feel a bit sorry for Pardew in all of this because no doubt it'll be left to him to explain where the moneys gone, but I'm confident we'll do pretty well in the first half of the season and HOPEFULLY be able to sign another striker in January.

All in all, I'd give it a 7/10.

False. It hasn't been invested at all :lol: (bar about £700k)

ouch, throwing your toys out the pram cos the people you spent all summer defending proved you wrong? at least be honest. you spend 90% of your time on here making excuses for ashley, defending the club's actions, and arguing with people who criticise him.

mug.

:-*

Try reading some more of my posts, instead of just ignoring the bits that question Ashley. Anyway, stupid to discuss this now when nobody can think straight.

No fooking intentions of trying to sign anyone today. First deadline day in a while when that prick David Craig hasn't been stood outside SJP or the training ground, specky cockney gobshite and the fat c**t not even in Newcastle and Santon & Elliot signed yesterday when a days wages could've been saved on both.

Day off for Ashley and Lambias today imo.

Pissed off to say the least :(

Liverpool paid well over the odds for Carroll in January yet these useless twats couldn't spend a fraction of that money to buy the type of striker we've been crying out for ???

You said yourself a couple of weeks ago it would be an absolute shambles if we didn't get in another striker now...  Do you want me to refresh your memory?

Not sure exactly what I said, but I totally agree it's a major blow that we didn't get another striker. I've never tried to argue we didn't need signings, just another example of anything remotely pro-Ashley being totally overblown, especially in my posts it seems.