Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 - as we should have had this summer spending and still have Carroll.

£35m untouched, I'd be happy if it made us £35m closer to Ashley fuking off, shame were stuck with him for at least the next 5 years. Hopefully 2012 doomsday is correct, I'll laugh then.

2/10

Not bringing in even a loan stiker is unforgiveable. Complete and utter f***ing shambles.

We bought Ba.

Bought my ass. He`s a free agent and a mercenary man.

they're all mercanaries and had he been under contract many clubs would have shelled out good money for him.

Cabaye > Nolan

Santon < Enrique

Obertan < Barton

Marveaux > Routledge

Ba < Carroll

Elliott = N/A

Basically, we've signed no one.  Only replaced players, and in the majority of the cases, with weaker players.

Wouldn't call it a success at all.

Well put.  You could match up Elliott with Forster as well.

Guest ToonUltra

Ive used a months worth of internet usage at £12.99 in one fecking night.....£560 on a season ticket......go everywhere my wallet takes me home and away and yet promises are all we are promised.

Over the line, my fecking arse!!! COCKNEY MAFIA OUT!!

An average centre-back and a decent striker today and it was looking really good, for me. That would have meant every senior player we have loaned/sold/released had been directly replaced and we wouldn't have been left with any "gaps" at all in the squad. I have excluded Perch, Smith and Lovenkrands here but the former and the latter now look like being drafted in by default in those areas. Smith remains a chocolate fireguard.

Can't help but be disappointed, but overall it's still been fairly positive. A reluctant 6.

This, although my 6 does feel a bit generous now I have thought about it.

Those two coming in and it would have been an over the top 8/9, that's how easy it was to make a fucking succesful window which makes me even more angry.

Guest Rainforest

2/10

Not bringing in even a loan stiker is unforgiveable. Complete and utter f***ing shambles.

We bought Ba.

Bought my ass. He`s a free agent and a mercenary man.

they're all mercanaries and had he been under contract many clubs would have shelled out good money for him.

Would they fuck, his knees couldnt pass a medical anywhere. Owen coyle defined his knee injury as a "ticking time bomb".

Is that you Mike?

We obtained Ba, you mean. Do you really think we would have went for him if he wasn't available for free? We're putting all our eggs in one injury prone basket who so far hasn't looked good enough. The lengths some people will go to to defend this shambles are amazing.

Do you actually read anyone's post other than your own?  Not one person on this board has defended our transfer window/Ashley - some just aren't as negative about it as others.

Really trying to dampen the fury by taking solace in the hope that we'll bring in a good striker in January, who could save our season. Regardless of the reality we seem to live with our gormless owner and his cronies, I'm sincerely hoping they did everything they could to bring in a quality striker, without being held to ransom, and that Ruiz simply chose Fulham over us, rather than it being a fake bid.

Doesn't bode well though does it.

4 we have effectively spent fuck all. Bearing that in mind the fact we couldn't shell out an extra few million to get one of our many striker targets over the line is inexcusable, it's a fucking disgrace

Guest Rainforest

We obtained Ba, you mean. Do you really think we would have went for him if he wasn't available for free? We're putting all our eggs in one injury prone basket who so far hasn't looked good enough. The lengths some people will go to to defend this shambles are amazing.

Do you actually read anyone's post other than your own?  Not one person on this board has defended our transfer window/Ashley - some just aren't as negative about it as others.

Referring to Demba ba as a "purchase" and even remotely remedy`ing the sale of Carroll is beyond insulting tbh, I think thats what he is referring to.

We signed a free agent we would have no interest at all in signing otherwise, its not about "the right player" at all, basically whats available at a bargain/cut price.

Where's the line between putting a positive spin on it and defending it?

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

An average centre-back and a decent striker today and it was looking really good, for me. That would have meant every senior player we have loaned/sold/released had been directly replaced and we wouldn't have been left with any "gaps" at all in the squad. I have excluded Perch, Smith and Lovenkrands here but the former and the latter now look like being drafted in by default in those areas. Smith remains a chocolate fireguard.

Can't help but be disappointed, but overall it's still been fairly positive. A reluctant 6.

This, although my 6 does feel a bit generous now I have thought about it.

Those two coming in and it would have been an over the top 8/9, that's how easy it was to make a fucking succesful window which makes me even more angry.

We can qualify it by saying a "6" is pretty shite when you've taken nigh-on £50m in sales in the 7 months prior.

We did really well to pick up a few good players for little/no money it has to be said in their favour. However, we've also seen quality players leave and invested virtually zero in the football club. Not acceptable and their fucking excuses won't wash. They're small-time cunts.

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

And how does that help in any way shape or form?

Where's the line between putting a positive spin on it and defending it?

Hopeless.

-5 for me for the following:

If not the worse then at least joint worse strike force in the league

Shola extended his contract

Smith still at the club

Barton gone

Nature of Barton and Enrique's departures says a lot about the club

New signings, jury out but even giving them the benefit of the doubt I have to wonder why they are at the club? No decent player with his head screwed on would come to Newcastle at the moment, FACT, we are rotten to the core.

And how does that help in any way shape or form?

Help? :lol:

How do any of the posts in this thread help....

I chose 5, our inability to bring in a striker after 8 months is an absolute disgrace. We had £35 million and more than enough time to find Carroll's replacement but the c***s from above's incompetence in negotiations has f***ed us over.

Signing Cabaye was a massive positive though.